Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Dan Frost overcame Bath Rugby rejection to deliver on Wasps debut:  (Read 1304 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Dan Frost overcame Bath Rugby rejection to deliver on Wasps debut:
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2021, 12:51:35 PM »
Pirates board pleased for him.
Let me tell you something cucumber

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2021, 01:06:59 PM »
Thought it telling that he felt ignored/forgotten by Bath whilst out on loan from academy.

Seems communication not just a Wasps problem.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2021, 02:39:10 PM »
Thought it telling that he felt ignored/forgotten by Bath whilst out on loan from academy.

In one of his interviews Lee mentioned they review clips of all on loan players on a Monday now.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2021, 03:32:09 PM »

In one of his interviews Lee mentioned they review clips of all on loan players on a Monday now.

Hookender, this is spot on and Chunky what you mention is a great development for us - I believe Everard was instrumental in this from last year - not that many got much rugby during The worst of Covid and we know Blackett puts great emphasis on youth development - now with more academy staff and transition guys as well as Robinson who knows the lower leagues too we can really keep tabs on the development of the younger guys.
I’m not sure our uni contracted academy lads have worked out well at all over the last few years, Rowlands has been the only one I believe to be retained out of all of them. Also there have been far too many bad reviews of wasps maintaining links with players when out on loan. Williams and Hepburn are famous ones of course, some of the Loughborough lads a while back I heard just stopped hearing from wasps and finished uni and went and did their own thing, we also had the father of an ex academy lad on here or the other board detailing how poor the communication and support had been.

Hopefully we have turned a corner here.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2021, 06:22:40 PM »
Apparently the first published version of the BBC match report called him Nick Frost. The current version also says that Zach Willis was one of our try scorers. I'm sure we can all agree that the addition of a third Willis brother to the squad is excellent news.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2021, 06:31:02 PM »
Apparently the first published version of the BBC match report called him Nick Frost. The current version also says that Zach Willis was one of our try scorers. I'm sure we can all agree that the addition of a third Willis brother to the squad is excellent news.

The BBC really know their parsnips :'(
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2021, 07:36:46 PM »
Unless its the 6N, or EAs, they aren't interested. Rugby didn't even get a mention on the late news sport report last night (Sat).

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2021, 08:57:41 AM »
One of the guys who sits in front of us showed the BBC reporting the score wrong during the match, IIRC it was when we were on 30, the BBC reported we were on 35.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2021, 09:17:02 AM »
Long standing problem with the Beeb based in Salford is the Sports boss for the last few years is fervently RL and has no real time for RU. Also they do not subscribe to sports news/score update software and rely on their own services. Even with lower league stuff you often find them wrong or late.
Let me tell you something cucumber