Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 2600 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Morning All
« on: January 21, 2018, 06:58:44 AM »
I'm really struggling to be excited about this game.  I know technically we can still go through, but so much depends on other teams that it feels like a done deal.

That being said it's an excuse for some entertaining rugby.  They are a good side, and we've finally managed to put together a decent squad so it should be fun all the same.

Sad to see Nizaam leave :(
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 06:59:57 AM »
I'm excited for the game, without being too emotionally invested, which is nice.  It'll be annoying if we do get that 5-0 victory, but it will be nice to see it regardless.  If we get pumped, I'll be disappointed.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 07:42:26 AM »
Morning all.

We can go through today if:

We beat Ulster and get 5 - 0 and we get a good margin of scored points (== no leaky defence).

Then, either:

Quins beat la Rochelle

OR

Both home teams in Pool 4 (Leicester and Munster) win, with Racing92 getting no bonus points.

I want to see that Nizaam gets a good send off. I want to see some pride. But, it will be very wet and cold.

It is possible, but not all in our hands. We will know some of it by KO time.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 08:00:02 AM »
Pointed out over on Drunken Wasps, but as long as Racing lose, it doesn't matter how many points they get (as long as we get our 5 - 0 against Ulster).  And Castres winning isn't an automatic loss either, since we should do them on points difference unless they hammer munster.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 10:44:15 AM »
I'm afraid the excitement of this game for me rather went out the window at the Stoop last weekend. Ulster are hard nuts and though we may beat them, it will be outside the small mathematical envelope we need to go further in the tourney. Part of me is not that unhappy as I think it is becoming harder and harder to compete on two fronts. If we shake the European monkey off our backs then we can concentrate on the prem.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 11:50:22 AM by Rossm »
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 11:23:36 AM »
Tend to agree with Ross but currently driving through a snow blizzard in great hope for a result. Bet Raggs is envious of our current weather!!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 12:09:51 PM by Neils »
Let me tell you something cucumber

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 12:30:44 PM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours.

Seeing the snow this morning has made my mind up that a cold stadium is no place to recover from flu, plus not wanting to pass it on to others.

Beyond the results I hope Wasps players are able to make a statement. Here's to a great game, may the best team win, but COME ON YOU WASPS.

Safe travels, wrap up warm.

Notso