Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Bristol V Bath - Spoiler  (Read 1087 times)

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Bristol V Bath - Spoiler
« on: October 01, 2021, 09:04:56 PM »
Not one for the purists but great entertainment.

Bath's 3rd try is worth tracking down if you haven't seen it.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Bristol V Bath - Spoiler
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2021, 09:13:48 PM »
Tempest being Tempest though.
Let me tell you something cucumber

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2021, 09:36:58 PM »
That was very scrappy. Tempo never changes, does he?

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2021, 09:41:06 PM »
Bath blew that with their defensive penalty count, but very inventive in attack and going to be worth watching.

Having said that I think the crowd definitely helped Bristol get some 50:50 calls, especially when Cokanasiga had a marginal seatbelt tackle against him that reversed a good position. (I thought it looked OK)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2021, 09:43:38 PM »
Cokanasiga is long term injured. Do you mean Rokoduguni?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2021, 10:01:57 PM »
Cokanasiga is long term injured. Do you mean Rokoduguni?

Ooops, yes. :(

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2021, 09:00:00 AM »
Tempest is very stubborn at times and Bristol were  lucky with Some of his decisions. Missed a knock on from Randall in the build up to a try and then gave one against Bath when they scored one, which wasn’t checked, players pleaded and Tempo just said ‘we’ve made our decision’ I initially applauded this as players are getting everything checked and it slows the game down, however I think he was wrong with this one.

Definitely good having BOD back on commentary this season for his analysis he sees a lot more than Ugo but that isn’t that surprising I suppose when you compare them as players

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2021, 09:16:47 AM »
Tempest is very stubborn at times and Bristol were  lucky with Some of his decisions. Missed a knock on from Randall in the build up to a try and then gave one against Bath when they scored one, which wasn’t checked, players pleaded and Tempo just said ‘we’ve made our decision’ I initially applauded this as players are getting everything checked and it slows the game down, however I think he was wrong with this one.

Definitely good having BOD back on commentary this season for his analysis he sees a lot more than Ugo but that isn’t that surprising I suppose when you compare them as players

Fully agree on BOD several classes above Ugo in commentary. 

Noted unlike last week he didn't put an end to backchat. Sinker in his ear all the time. Consistency is all we ask for.
Let me tell you something cucumber

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2021, 10:44:57 AM »
BOD isn't quite fluent yet but I like him, and no more 'I tell you what'.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2021, 11:28:57 AM »
Bristol got lucky from Bath self-imploding.  Bath were cruising and took their foot off of the gas.  Some dumb penalties given away with Yellows and Ewels butchered a nailed-on try early on.  All he had to do was hold onto the pass which was 1-2m out from the line but he fumbled it.  Joseph and their 12 both looked very good. 

Bristol really struggling to score tries at the moment.  When they finally went ahead, you could see the difference in confidence amongst the players.  They create lots of breaks, but seem like they just can't execute that final pass or two to exploit the space they've made, or to take advantage of a scrambling defensive line.

Uren had the best 50-22 i've seen this season (Although it was accidental I think more than deliberately played for - Ball wasn't aimed to go out, but bounced out)

Based on the first few games so far, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bath finish higher in the table than Bristol. 

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2021, 11:36:33 AM »
Good entertainment as a result of two majorly loose teams. Bristol's play from anywhere mindset just looks a bit silly at times. Bath got well and truly stuffed up front and have an ability to lose lots of games.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2021, 12:07:14 PM »
Was going to say Bristol will look a lot better/ confident with Semi back but see he’s out for another 16 weeks with a knee op this Monday.