Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 2741 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning All
« on: October 02, 2021, 07:20:09 AM »
Good Morning All

Very still here as the dog and I walk the countryside. In a few hours I expect these trees to be in danger if the forecast is anywhere near right. I note that thw eather may put some sports events in doubt. Off to get my flu jab after the walk then meeting an EA mate in London to get his view on his new owners - should be fun (hope the overhead wires survive so I can get home!!).

After last week not sure what to expect as we seem better drilled than last season. Here's hoping. At least we can train on plastic now.

Safe travels to any venturing north and hope you get back safely.

COYW
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 07:47:22 AM »
Morning all. Weather currently calm but cloudy in Hastings. Interesting with Gopps starting, he will take over place kicking from Jacob and taking off the pressure. Could be beneficial. This will be a tough one. Will have to keep on top of Radwan. Easier said than done. Hoping that we come back to Cov with at least one point in the bag.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2021, 07:55:57 AM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours.

Forecast for the Northeast looks terrible, very windy and wet. Hopefully Wasps players have been training with bars of soap this week, doesn't look like a day for the kickers statistics either. Really hard to know if this is good for the team or not. A few years ago this weather would have been a problem, but now I quite fancy their chances.

Here's to a great game in spite of the weather, take extra care travellers.

Come on you Wasps!

Notso

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2021, 08:08:18 AM »
If anyone would have a useful link for watching the match, please feel free to PM me it! I'll do the same if my usual actually has it.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2021, 08:10:41 AM »
Interesting with Gopps starting, he will take over place kicking from Jacob and taking off the pressure. Could be beneficial.

The game vs Bears would have gone so much easier had Gopps been on, in his metronomic mode of kicking. The score would have been a bit higher still!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2021, 08:11:40 AM »
Morning Neils, Ross, Notso, Raggs, Nelly, and all.

I'm feeling weirdly confident about this one.  Maybe the long break has made me forget the crushing disappointment of "not quite" that seems to characterise supporting Wasps these days. Or maybe things are starting to click and we are finally playing closer to our squad's potential.

Who knows?

Either way I'm expecting a good result.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2021, 08:24:03 AM »
Morning Neils, Ross, Not so BNTR, Raggs, NWW, VV and all Waspies all from a grey and soon to be very wet Guildford. Coffee is on the go, early dog walk and gathering of fruit to make some seasonal hedgerow jam planned. This will be followed by a dash to the next town over, where there is an amazing independent Caribbean restaurant, to grab some jerk chicken with rice and peas....getting hungry just thinking about it.

The wind and heavy rain should hopefully not be present for this one as we take on Falcons, however our physical game and defence is going to have to be on point today. I have been impressed with Falcons tight 5 this term, with their backs full of pace and incisive. If we give Radwan space he can burn anyone in this league. We have to show our defence is a constant and not a one off, the maul needs to improve, and if we can achieve this we have a chance. Kingston park is no easy hunting ground, and a win against Newcastle at their home is not to be sniffed at!

P.S if anyone has any knowledge of streams showing this game let me know!  :D

Come on you Wasps!!!

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp!

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2021, 08:51:07 AM »
Good morning  everyone.  We have stillness, clouds and mizzle -  the latter is obviously trying to grow into non-stop bucketing. If only we could have played on Sunday.  Water is going to decide the result,  I think, along with a dollop of good luck. and hopefully no injuries to either side.  Maybe, just maybe, Newcastle might be rain-free till 6.00 pm.  Can't find anywhere to watch the match so will read the commentaries wherever they turn up. It's disgusting that rugby is hardly shown on TV anywhere at all, not even highlights, (loved Flats and Durds)  and zilch on BBC.  ******.  Safe journeys to you all wherever you are, but especially to our squad and those intrepid souls heading North to the game.        Allez x 3.        Good luck  -  you CAN do it Wasps - so C O Y W . . . . .

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2021, 08:56:31 AM »
Can't find any betting sites showing the game today.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2021, 08:59:30 AM »
Just back from dog walk and gained a cup of tea. Weather starting to driizzle and when in the open fields there was what I would call a stiff breeze.  We are predicted 45 to 60 mph later and from the TV forecast the boys will be lucky not to catch the beginning of it travelling up country - at least it is an all weather pitch. From memory Kingston Park will catch the full brunt of any gale heading north. COYW
Let me tell you something cucumber

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2021, 09:03:46 AM »
Just like Neils - back from dog walk. Here in S Glos I dashed out as the rain radar was v pessimistic and I just made it prior to some v heavy rain now coming down

Tea in hand. Will try and follow game wherever it's possible.....

COY (probably wet ) W

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2021, 09:17:59 AM »
Morning all, shame BT Sport are no longer showing the game on the red button so looks like we will have to wait until premiershiprugbytv full game replay.

Tough game to call with it being so early in the season and if the weather is poor then I think the Budgies will be favourites.

COYW

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2021, 10:38:02 AM »
Cov Tel say they will be giving  live up-dates from Kingston Park. 

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2021, 11:42:49 AM »
Morning all. I'm hoping to get it on the BT Sport app. Newcastle are always gritty at home but I fancy us to have too much for them. Jimmy kicking all game might net us vital extra points.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2021, 11:55:03 AM »
A late morning all , after walking dog , thought I’d get in garden to my butternut squashes and last of sweetcorn and runner beans cleared , before weather closes in.

Too early in season to know how it will go today , especially if weather is a factor. Would like to think we can continue from last week ,but with enforced changes,not holding out much hope,but wishing to be proved

COYW’s!