Always a Wasp

Author Topic: EA v Newcastle  (Read 1560 times)

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
EA v Newcastle
« on: October 09, 2021, 03:41:48 PM »
Nice to see the Ref [Tempest] give Owen Farrell a proper telling off for the comments he made to him. And a penalty reversed when Billy V gave him some lip.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: EA v Newcastle
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 03:47:54 PM »
Nice to see the Ref [Tempest] give Owen Farrell a proper telling off for the comments he made to him. And a penalty reversed when Billy V gave him some lip.

All we ask is consistency.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 04:03:14 PM »
Farrell screaming "exactly the same as yesterday" repeatedly referring to the reversal Barnes gave for a Bristol shove on a Quins player. He was hardly touched. Came across like a big spoilt kid. Still far too much chat on the field to the refs. It certainly needs a season or so of zero tolerance to drive it out.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2021, 04:15:19 PM »
God they are so easy to hate.
Let me tell you something cucumber

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2021, 05:07:37 PM »
They squeezed Newcastle out at the end. They really have regressed 10 years in their play.
Malins is the only player that wants to go around defenders rather than through them.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2021, 05:23:21 PM »
God they are so easy to hate.
I stopped watching them long before the salary cap became an issue. I’ll watch any game except theirs. 

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2021, 05:25:51 PM »
They squeezed Newcastle out at the end. They really have regressed 10 years in their play.
Malins is the only player that wants to go around defenders rather than through them.

+1

Totally uninspiring display from a team that as stated above are very easy to hate. Tempest did ok with the backchat - that the England Capt can lose his shit so badly really ought  to set some bells ringing about him playing for England let alone be in charge....

Game was probably influenced by the reffing of the tackle. Tempest was inconsistent in what "off feet" meant and what's allowed once ruck is formed. It probably affected Newcastle more as they were defending more in the 2nd half. But even commentary referred to a number of "tight" decisions. EA's seemed to be allowed to pile over the tackle regardless too often. And he was plain wrong too often about "release".

Uninspiring play overall

JF

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2021, 06:18:35 PM »
I looked at some of the players they had playing today, and those that were in the stands, and I wondered what had changed since they were caught out.

Has there been a mass vow of poverty over at Copthall stadium? Are they taking it in turns to be paid?

As for Farrell and his spoilt brat petulance, it ha no place in life, never mind sport.

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2021, 06:40:35 PM »
As for Farrell and his spoilt brat petulance, it ha no place in life, never mind sport.

It wasn’t just Farrell. Most of their squad had this unnecessary aggressiveness and anger even in moments of celebration. Unwarranted and not sure what it’s meant to signify but misplaced arrogance.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2021, 07:15:56 PM »

It wasn’t just Farrell. Most of their squad had this unnecessary aggressiveness and anger even in moments of celebration. Unwarranted and not sure what it’s meant to signify but misplaced arrogance.

George was one of the worst. I think when he scored, he was looking for someone to shout at and wind up and was kept away by his own players. He kept looking for someone to wind up, every moment. Time to move on for England from EA's, Malins, thankfully seems less infected so far.

If I could repeat one win from 19/20 it would be our 60 point win vs the EAs..........

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2021, 09:49:51 PM »
I looked at some of the players they had playing today, and those that were in the stands, and I wondered what had changed since they were caught out.

Has there been a mass vow of poverty over at Copthall stadium? Are they taking it in turns to be paid?

"Officially", they were only a little bit over the cap.
It was probably enough with Kruis or Wigglesworth leaving to bring them under...... "Officially"

All a bit ridiculous really
I'd like to think that everything they do is under the microscope at the moment so they have to be cleaner than everyone.
I just don't believe it though

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2021, 09:56:34 PM »
And I've seen many redded for what Maitland did first half. There is a snarling, self indulgent arrogance about Saracens which is acceptable as a mechanism to win if it's a "we're just better and everyone else wants to topple us" sort of thing. But it doesn't cut the mustard if you're just cheats who have been caught out and don't like it.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2021, 10:30:08 PM »
Plus 1

Andywasp50

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2021, 12:38:05 AM »
They are truly vile. Did Malins really have to stick his tongue out with a leer as he offloaded brilliantly for the disallowed first half try? Not something he ever needed to do at Bristol.

I struggle to see how their current side is different from before too. It’s really sad when teams and individuals feel they have to resort to such sneering behaviour to be winners. They are very much like the Aussie cricket team that got caught cheating under Lehmann. So full of talent but with a leering snarl that undermines what they achieve. A real feel of the entitled against the peasants.