Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps v Exeter: Post Match Thoughts  (Read 2306 times)

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps v Exeter: Post Match Thoughts
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2021, 10:21:25 AM »
I'm torn on what the performance means. Defence was fantastic, as were the forwards. But am I the only one a bit apprehensive about our attack so far this season?

I'm also glad some of younger/academy lads are getting game time though.

Then we're obviously going to be better when injured players return. But I'm thinking we'll be a very good team, not necessarily "best in the league" as some here have said.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2021, 10:30:48 AM »
For me the attack looks sharp again and that's with a fair bit of disruption in the centres. We've scored good tries against Bristol and Saints and drove over v Exe twice. The key will be whether Hougaard/Porter can make us tick as Robson does when he is away with England.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2021, 11:29:23 AM »
I'm torn on what the performance means. Defence was fantastic, as were the forwards. But am I the only one a bit apprehensive about our attack so far this season?

I can't remember exactly when it was, it might have been towards the end of the "Covid" season when we were throwing the ball around with gay abandon but having a leaky defence, Lee made the point that he wanted to build the defensive platform that would allow the attacking game to be played with confidence (I paraphrase, obviously).

We've still got the players, we just aren't getting the opportunity. I think it will come when we start getting the side back to something resembling full strength.