Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Jeff  (Read 1919 times)

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Jeff
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2021, 06:19:45 PM »
He is also one of the nicest blokes you could ever wish to meet . And he always tidies up after the match; on Saturday there was 4 or 5 of them at it, mainly newbies.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2021, 06:34:13 PM »
One of the first things I noticed about Jeff was whenI was sat behind the bench at the Bath match in his first season, when he was a replacement. Gaskell injured himself and came and sat in the stands looking like his world has fallen apart. Jeff saw him and went to sit with him, helped him put a jacket on and make sure he was ok. None of the other players gave him more than a glance and carried on watching the match.

He may not always get it right on the pitch, but by heck he brings energy and an all for one spirit to the squad. His leadership and guidance off the pitch has been invaluable and for me he'd be the player I'd be most disappointed if we lose at the end of the season.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2021, 06:45:30 PM »
I am not a religious person myself, but I completely admire and respect the attitude of someone like Jeff. My wife's father was a COE Vicar, and he had it in spades, as does my mother-in-law. Always checking on the elderly [she is 72] and driving them to hospital appointments etc.