Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Impressive performances  (Read 2601 times)

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Impressive performances
« on: February 04, 2018, 06:35:03 PM »
Great to see so many good performances from the established, returning injured and academy. The front row were going really well again, really encouraging for the future. Jack Willis as expected, but Will Owen was brilliant as well, try saving rip. Umaga looked so assured, and made some great tackles against some big forwards.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Impressive performances
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 07:31:25 PM »
Umaga impressed me. Would like to see him in a game with more seniors around, to see how he handles the structure. If he doesn't get bigger I don't think he can be considered a 12.

Some really good performances by the academy lads.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 07:45:19 PM »
Umaga was the one who impressed me the most. His game has come on a lot, and he is still only 19 AFAIK. The Coventry Evening Telegraph is running a reader poll for who impressed most, and Umaga is winning by a country mile.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 08:03:14 PM »
I wondered why he wasn't involved in the u20s 6N, I suspect having seen that performance, it's very possible that Wasps asked to keep him due to the injury issues we've been having.

Harry the wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 08:42:45 AM »
In Umaga we seem to have quietly developed our own Marcus Smith (not positionally) and I hope that we continue in that vein and avoid the hype to allow him to develop at his own pace. Great prospect though.
Only supporting teams beginning with a W.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 09:28:53 PM »
Umaga's defence has significantly improved since last year when he was in the England U20s. Give him another season to develop and he could really surprise a few people.