Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Times match report  (Read 2206 times)

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Times match report
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2021, 04:52:51 PM »
Laws state that play doesn't have to stop for a regular injury, but they do have to stop for a head injury.

Old Geezer

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2021, 05:54:10 PM »
Backdoc, your comment about lawyers.  I think the same applies to medics except that they make more mistakes because the memories aren't quite so hot!

On a more serious note, did anyone hear Barnes say to Shields after a Chiefs' try from a line out that he didn't stop play when our hooker was being attended to  because our injured man was not part of the lineout?  Funny that.  i thought a hooker would be part of the lineout.  Barnes has got too big for his boots IMHO.  More a TV celeb than a top class ref these days.  Good refs apply the laws.  That is their job.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2021, 06:56:24 PM »
Old Geezer, medicine is not so black and white [sorry, probably shouldn't express things in this way].

I agree that the Barnes bandwagon is a wee bit out of control.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2021, 07:31:00 PM »
Backdoc, your comment about lawyers.  I think the same applies to medics except that they make more mistakes because the memories aren't quite so hot!

On a more serious note, did anyone hear Barnes say to Shields after a Chiefs' try from a line out that he didn't stop play when our hooker was being attended to  because our injured man was not part of the lineout?  Funny that.  i thought a hooker would be part of the lineout.  Barnes has got too big for his boots IMHO.  More a TV celeb than a top class ref these days.  Good refs apply the laws.  That is their job.

Yes, he did. I also heard Barnes tell Brad to stop whining about players creeping up the sides of mauls, and that he would deal with it, unless Brad kept bringing it up. Good way to keep Brad silent, and then NOT deal with it. Dishonesty comes easily to those in power. Make a promise and then break it.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2021, 07:53:05 PM »
It's getting a bit hyperbolic regarding Barnes. Every ref is different, some let things slide and some don't. Every ref is different and none of them are perfect.