Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Time to draw a line!  (Read 2809 times)

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Time to draw a line!
« on: October 21, 2021, 02:07:12 AM »
Maybe we have injuries, maybe we have players out....maybe we have had to deal with the cr*p that our tenants have thrown at us over the years since we moved to Coventry. Equally we have also had to accept humility in defeat and also in circumstance..but no longer! No longer will we simply sit back, no longer will we take what comes!

Maybe we don't have all out players available and taken some pretty big hits over the years....but enough is enough! Its time we started to set our own destiny, its time we showed every other team what it really means to wear the black and gold...and what it truly means to represent Wasps!

No one gives us a chance this weekend at Sarries.....Well I say f*** them! Anyone who adorns the black and gold is a Wasp...and will always be so! I have had enough of politeness, I have had enough of acceptance...Its time we took the reigns, its time we started to dominate! to make our own destiny! Its time to show everyone in rugby that we are Wasps!!!...and it starts Sunday!!

Am I pumped for this game......your damn right I am!! I am angry, I have had enough, we are better.....and I am a Wasp!

Lets go hunting Saracens, and then every other team!!!

Chris

Once A Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liW-kWFiXtQ
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 07:56:37 AM by Wombles »

Twickwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Time to draw a line!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 06:57:35 AM »
Don’t want to be negative, but firstly Blackett said he was going to heavily rotate the squad,  now he’s said we’re getting trialists to play.
The spread is -18, that looks generous.
Think it’s going to be a long afternoon.

Sussex Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 09:08:54 AM »
You made me smile so much Chris

Whatever you are on a 2am I would like some. When Harry met Sally moment

Odds will be against us, but we all remember the Valentines day massacre
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/35536950

will311293

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 10:45:17 AM »
We have now lost Spink for 3/4 months and Frost 4-6 weeks... we really can't catch a break. The worst thing about it is that they are all match injuries.

Odogwu, Willis, Barbeary, Mills, Launchbury, Vukasonvic last year and West/Atkinson (preseason). This year alone Gaskell, Frost, Spink, Fekitoa, Alo and Cruse have all been injured in matches with Minozzi and Miller in training.

This injury crisis is insane..

So sounds like we will rotate heavily and use a lot of second string players as Umaga and Willis have played every minute of 4 matches and Robson, Fifita, Stooke, Shields, Watson and Bassett having played in every game and Hislop (3 games).

Moreover, to quote Blackett, "We will announce a couple of other trialists," "Some young guys wanting to play Premiership rugby. We will give them an opportunity. There will be a few trialisits coming in, I wouldn't imagine too many signings coming our way, just guys trying to get us through this difficult period."

Therefore, sounds like we will be announcing a few more short term loans. Anyone got any squad players needing game time?

Currently i'm looking at a line up of Harris, Harrison, Scholtz, Des Chaves, Cardall, Curran, Morris, Carr, Hougaard, Gopps, Le Booj, Simmonds, Kilbrige, Mehson, Crossdale (Bench: West, Cruse, Edgar Millar-Mills), Fifita, Young, Porter, Umaga, McHenry)

That's about all we have. The only other players we have floating about the club who are those 8 who have played all the games are Woolstenholme (Scrum Half) and Alo? (Who I think is injured).

Help?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 11:06:21 AM »
We also have Anderson in the Senior Squad who can play almost anywhere in the backs.
Let me tell you something cucumber

will311293

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2021, 11:15:03 AM »
We also have Anderson in the Senior Squad who can play almost anywhere in the backs.

Yes well remembered!

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2021, 11:31:15 AM »
That's about all we have. The only other players we have floating about the club who are those 8 who have played all the games are Woolstenholme (Scrum Half) and Alo? (Who I think is injured).

Help?

Our “semi-detached house” (aka Alo) is fit and available for selection. He’s come off the bench twice this season. I expect he’s a certainty for this weekend.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2021, 11:40:28 AM »
I’m with you Wombles!

Btw, I I that your choice for kick off and halftime music or what they should play in dressing room?

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2021, 12:57:07 PM »
You made me smile so much Chris

Whatever you are on a 2am I would like some. When Harry met Sally moment

Odds will be against us, but we all remember the Valentines day massacre
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/35536950

It was a herbal tea to combat a moment of insomnia that I occasionally get Sussex  ;D I found myself reading through not only our last game and current injuries, but also our injury history, history since we made the move to Coventry, near successes and also recent challenges.

It all left me feeling very proud and motivated of our club. Whatever team we put out and whether we win or lose will matter less his weekend, but seeing a squad hit the plastic pitch with a barely controlled fury and giving a balls to the wall performance is what will demonstrate we are a club and team to be reckoned with!

Hookender I used the 2 songs to fire me up when I used to play, definitely they could work in the changing room or blasting over the PA for us Waspies to get even more motivated as well  ;D

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2021, 01:36:52 PM »
...seeing a squad hit the plastic pitch with a barely controlled fury and giving a balls to the wall performance is what will demonstrate we are a club and team to be reckoned with!

I'm intrigued!  Sounds very uncomfortable!!  :-\ ;D

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2021, 03:51:52 PM »
...seeing a squad hit the plastic pitch with a barely controlled fury and giving a balls to the wall performance is what will demonstrate we are a club and team to be reckoned with!

I'm intrigued!  Sounds very uncomfortable!!  :-\ ;D

I think it might be a 2am affliction.
Let me tell you something cucumber

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2021, 06:05:44 PM »
On re-reading the above I don't think it's a game that I can join in !!!

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2021, 01:54:50 PM »
We will be playing the under 11s in the premiership cup.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2021, 08:34:11 AM »
This is interesting - I appear to have attracted a troll/bully/stalker!! Quite why I'm not sure únless someone has fallen into the bear trap of thinking that I am a bloke when actually  I'm definitely female and always have been; also I have a husband  and 2 daughters.  Read 'Who are
 you really'. My reason for thinking I'm being trolled is that in about 8 days I've suddenly  gained seven smites!!  And I try  to be non-contraversial!  Last night I got one for a single word entry ...... is this a Record?  I do worry for this person's mental health. Maybe they disapprove  of women posting on a rugby site, or maybe they don't just don't like old biddies in wheelchairs.  Whatever.   It doesn't bother me but they really should get some counselling.  Thank you very much to EVERONE who has counteracted  this twit by giving me lots of Applauds.  You are very kind and patient with all my clangers!  Gill.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2021, 09:35:45 AM »
Maybe there's a weirdo or two about :)

Hymenoptera, who is a rare beast on the board recently, has a applaud/smite ratio of +79/-181 :o
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!