Always a Wasp

Author Topic: TRP  (Read 1738 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
TRP
« on: October 24, 2021, 07:50:35 AM »
No rumours for us.

Article on Dan being the fastest No 9 by Lee.

Review of the match giving us little hope but a separate bit on Hislop - former sheep farmer - and his surprise and joy at being picked so much.

Nice article on Wenzel on his life in rugby. Speaks highly of Dai.

Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: TRP
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2021, 10:37:36 AM »
Hislop looks a good find to me. Lee must be surprised and secretly pleased to have Dan available.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 10:43:38 AM »
I'm sure I'm not the only Wasps fan who's reaction to Dobby's omission, once the surprise had worn off, was "good for us!"

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2021, 12:08:05 PM »
I'm sure I'm not the only Wasps fan who's reaction to Dobby's omission, once the surprise had worn off, was "good for us!"

In the short term I'd agree. But we've lost several of our best players over the year because they felt their dream of international recognition was done and so they might as well follow a different dream.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2021, 12:46:37 PM »

In the short term I'd agree. But we've lost several of our best players over the year because they felt their dream of international recognition was done and so they might as well follow a different dream.

I know we lost Wade, who else? I would have thought the Wade dream wasn't a stellar success story (I know he has made money from it, but what he really wanted was to get in to a first team, and that seems most unlikely to happen now) and might not be one to encourage others.

Is rugby abut the money, I wonder? Most players surely don't make that much from it, with a relatively short career, one that potentially could end at any moment.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2021, 12:55:14 PM »
If anything it’s been the opposite. Young and Rowlands have left because they have been selected.