Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Fans Forum  (Read 2786 times)

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Fans Forum
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2021, 08:20:27 AM »
Wah-hey!!!!  I've got TWO more smites!! And  this with my laptop being out of commission yesterday from 4.30 pm until this entry. Only another  163 to go to challenge the Record.  Maybe the Twit thinks Smites are compliments. Good morning everyone.     ;D

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2021, 09:33:37 AM »
Wah-hey!!!!  I've got TWO more smites!! And this with my laptop being out of commission yesterday from 4.30 pm until this entry. Only another  163 to go to challenge the Record.  Maybe the Twit thinks Smites are compliments. Good morning everyone.     ;D

Genuinely not sure what this smiting business is all about.  Looks like most people have a similar ratio of applause-to-smite.  I only checked because of this post.  Otherwise, I’d not have noticed or thought about it.

Don’t let it bother you.

By the way, am I right in thinking that the Friday tour you went on was for those with a particular connection to the Club - one that’s above and beyond that of a simple STH pleb like me.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2021, 09:57:14 AM »
View the smites as a proud badge.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2021, 10:30:45 AM »
Some could be mis-clicks. There again, some of us apparently get very unlucky with mis-clicks!

Don't worry about it. Some people worry about the applaud/smite, some don't. Personally I don't use it.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2021, 10:45:04 AM »
Some could be mis-clicks. There again, some of us apparently get very unlucky with mis-clicks!

Don't worry about it. Some people worry about the applaud/smite, some don't. Personally I don't use it.

Agree it is another version of the pervading "I must please you culture".
Let me tell you something cucumber

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2021, 01:51:05 PM »
Thank you gentlemen - you are very kind. This daft twit has my family in laughter and we feel sorry for them; they need to get out more!  I've gone up to 20 just a short while ago so now have now lost interest.  Probably it gives them something to do.   InBetweenWasp - yes, like you I too am a STH pleb. Mr W and I don't smoke, drink, golf,  tour etc for choice/health reasons and we have so much to be grateful for regarding Wasps and Rugby that we sponsored Billy V as a Thank You to Wasps.  (See: Who Are You Really).  Since then I have saved up my pension (we  aren't well off) and sponsored Guy, James Cannon, Tom Willis (when in Academy) and now Will Porter.  Our daughter sponsors Westy, as  her birthday/Xmas present; she and her family are very clued-up on rugby. There are a few others who  are like us but you are right that  it is mainly commercial concerns who can afford to splash the cash that sponsor.