Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Can we just get on with the rugby  (Read 3894 times)

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Can we just get on with the rugby
« on: February 09, 2018, 09:43:02 AM »
Not enjoying the media build up to the Six Nations this weekend. I don't like seeing the attempts at mind games, like Eddie's comments about Rhys Patchell. There have been a few discussions about respect at games, I feel the respect should be there through all of the game. Roll on tomorrow afternoon!

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Can we just get on with the rugby
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 10:03:55 AM »
I think the 6N is 99% about media personalities, reporters, armchair rugby 'fans' who have little idea about the game, nationalists, profiteering sponsors, corporate hospitality etc.

Only 1% about the 6N is about what it really is. A game. The rest is just fluff. Very annoying fluff.

In any event, there is more to life that just rugby. This weekend I will take module of the motorbike test. Training on Saturday (might miss the first half of the England game) and the test at mid morning on Sunday, which takes about 15-20 minutes. I should be back home in time for the Quins game.

Here's hoping all the results go well.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 10:16:49 AM »
Jones complaining about AWJ approaching the ref after Scotland's try and just by chance standing in the way of Finn Russell who wanted to take a quick conversion as he thought there might have been something iffy about the try. Jones probably just p*ssed off that he didn't think of it first. And yes I too wish he would just dummy up and get on with the game.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 10:20:50 AM »
Good luck with the test Nelly, been toying with the idea of getting a bike again ever since getting diagnosed with skin cancer last year. Hopefully the melanoma was caught early enough to leave nothing more than a chunk out of my wrist and an altered view on risks! My last bike was a Suzuki RF 600, but would go for something a bit calmer, quite like the look of the new Honda Rebel 500.

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 12:27:02 PM »
Tried a few bikes before settling on a very low mileage black 2010 Honda VT750 Dark Shadow (called the Phantom in the USA). I will be adding a tacho when the kit arrives, and a solo seat from the Aero model. A really nice, smooth cruiser with direct draft and a low revving (max 6000rpm) V2 745cc engine. Only cost me £3600 plus VED, the tacho , seat and fuel to pick it up, about £3800 all up.

IF I pass this weekend, it will have taken me 15 days from first time back on a bike (since 1979!!! and then only a 200cc Vespa) to get my CBT, MB theory test and Mod 1. Done through an instruction school called CAMRider (a franchise operation, but the guys in Warwick - Mike and Damien - are great). Damien says I am already nearly ready for Mod 2. Insurance (new rider, 0 no claims etc) through GoCompare is only £100 fully comp (with Bennetts).

My wife had refused to get married until I gave up riding the scooter. Sad day. So great to get back on two wheels this last couple of weeks. I will take my test on a 650. Don't know which bike yet. Look out world!!

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 09:35:13 AM »
I've still got a Vespa P200 which is Wasps themed which sits in the garage alongside a BMW F800ST and  Triumph Street Triple.

Good luck with your test and perhaps we can ride up to the Ricoh before the season ends.

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 05:27:31 AM »
My Vespa was that classic shape, but older, as it had no indicators (which came in around the mid-eighties I think). Mine was an early to mid-seventies variant, in white of course, with loads of mirrors (of course).

The BMW F800ST is a nice bike, as is the Triumph Street Triple. I don't live so far from the Ricoh, but sure, we could meet up and ride up there.

It is Sunday now, and the weather looks pretty much as good as it can get for a test at this time of the year, so I do hope I will pass.

Thanks for the best wishes.