Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Injury updates: Dan Robson, Jimmy Gopperth, Thomas Young, Vaea Fifita  (Read 3884 times)

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Injury updates: Dan Robson, Jimmy Gopperth, Thomas Young, Vaea Fifita
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2021, 11:03:12 PM »

Lynagh has been called up too in place of Watson.

Bodes well for us given it means he joins Smith, Dombrandt, Marler & Marchant as unavailable next weekend.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2021, 03:26:27 AM »
Alex Gray posted a picture of him in a bar with his passport with a plane ticket sticking out of it on Instagram earlier so I suspect he's off

Flight number is AF 1065 - Birmingham to Paris
Maybe he’s had a call for the Top 14

Well there goes another option at centre. See Harry Glover seems to be doing well on the wing at SF, maybe Gray is being lined up in a similar role but not clued up enough as to whether anyone needs a medical joker there.

Just need as many players available as possible for Quins and then we can rotate again for the cup.

Booj at 12 McHenry at 13 and imagine we’ll have to go Matthews at 22 and Crossdale at 23 - Matthews just covers 10 and then one of the back 3 or Crossdale goes to 13 if a centre is injured.

Remember that Matthews is very young, that was his first Prem game if I’m not mistaken after not a lot of rugby over the last few years and only playing recently for Hartbury. He was in the same U20 side as Charlie Atkinson so definitely is allowed some time to settle in at this level
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 03:30:48 AM by JonnyD »

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2021, 08:11:10 AM »

Bodes well for us given it means he joins Smith, Dombrandt, Marler & Marchant as unavailable next weekend.

Once the EAs had quietened Esterhuizen apart from Green Quins looked quite ordinary. It didn't help that they lost Allen, after a hit that nobody could have complained if a yellow card had been issued, but such is rugby.

Some of the decision making was quite odd, going after a try BP instead of putting the match beyond EAs was foolish, and that's not hindsight bias it was fairly obvious that EAs were grinding themselves back in to the game and starting to get on top. Did they say it was Care's first match as captain? On that performance it will probably be his last.

Its going to be tough next week but if our defence continues their excellent performances we are in with a chance. That said, beware the wounded animal.

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2021, 01:15:56 PM »

Once the EAs had quietened Esterhuizen apart from Green Quins looked quite ordinary. It didn't help that they lost Allen, after a hit that nobody could have complained if a yellow card had been issued, but such is rugby.

Some of the decision making was quite odd, going after a try BP instead of putting the match beyond EAs was foolish, and that's not hindsight bias it was fairly obvious that EAs were grinding themselves back in to the game and starting to get on top. Did they say it was Care's first match as captain? On that performance it will probably be his last.

Its going to be tough next week but if our defence continues their excellent performances we are in with a chance. That said, beware the wounded animal.

Agree about Quins’ odd decision-making. The most bizzare one was when they were playing with an advantage in Sarries’ 22 and despite applying sustained pressure, a confused looking Care decided to go for the drop goal rather than at least attempt to go for a try (they would of gone back to a well positioned penalty if they hadn’t pulled it off).

welsh wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2021, 02:18:15 PM »
Can I confess that I am lost about who was flying off to Paris. Help wanted!

matelot22

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2021, 03:15:54 PM »
Can I confess that I am lost about who was flying off to Paris. Help wanted!

Alex Gray, the short term centre we had as cover

MarleyWasp

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2021, 12:26:45 PM »
Looks like Gray is joining Racing 92

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2021, 04:11:43 PM »
https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/wasps-injury-updates-dan-robson-22057166

Dan set for time out. Why on earth was he selected when he came back from the England camp with an injury?? J

immy will not play against Quins, even though he might want to!

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2021, 04:31:44 PM »
But it looks like Alfie may be back. And Fifita OK too. Also confirms Nearchou is the only possible LH we have. We will need a loan one in I guess.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2021, 04:47:53 PM »
Alfie surely must be able to play prop at 9 (albeit not at the same time)?!?!?!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2021, 06:20:56 PM »
I think Blackett is fairly sure Hislop will be released from Scotland. Fifita sounds ok and could have Barbeary back - but I wouldn’t risk him. So probably going to be Le Bourgeois and McHenry (Bassett??) in the centres. Porter at 9. Otherwise pretty much as you were.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2021, 10:14:39 AM »
Unless some of the wounded props are nearly back to fitness I would expect a loan prop to be brought in as insurance

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2021, 12:47:42 PM »
With four fit THs I wonder if someone will just move over, surely one of them has played there before

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2021, 02:23:21 PM »
With four fit THs I wonder if someone will just move over, surely one of them has played there before

Biyi?