Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps v Harlequins: Post Match Thoughts.  (Read 3321 times)

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps v Harlequins: Post Match Thoughts.
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2021, 10:31:33 AM »
Kick-Chase effort (as a % of top speed) is one of the 3 stats the players are actively measured, monitored and judged upon during games.

Rugbyintheblood

• Wasps Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2021, 10:49:51 AM »
Thats makes the memory an even more poignant moment Steve. RIP George Cole, a true rugby legend. Old age is a bugger.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2021, 11:05:58 AM »
Too right, ritb. 

Rugbyintheblood

• Wasps Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2021, 11:25:30 AM »
Re player welfare, I have been watching the Big Crunch tackle that knocked out Ali and I’m wondering if the RFU edict to tackle low may be putting the tackler in more danger?

Personally I’d have tried to stay on my feet as long as possible to fix his running line then take him out by scragging him with a ‘standing’ tackle. I certainly wouldn’t have got my head anywhere near his big knees, if he was running at me head on.

The ‘o goshi’ is a traditional hip throw in Judo and it is perfectly legal, but it also can use the head-on runner’s own momentum. Always felt a great option to me but I’m bigger than this guy as well as being a 2nd row back in the day.

What do think? It was a superb effort from Ali but he’s picking up the pieces now. Hopefully on the mend.