Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Lee's post match comments  (Read 1914 times)

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Lee's post match comments
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2021, 11:31:18 AM »
I must admit the cynic in me thought that Nearchou may have had a 'tactical injury' so we would move to uncontested scrums.
You're no the only one and it eft a bit of a sour taste.

+1 . Thought he was supporting his shoulder when he came off ,but reason given was calf.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2021, 12:06:15 PM »
What do we do over the Cup and Heiny matches? Field our least injured (walking wounded) LH as a starter, have him go to his knee within a minute or so, have the next least worst injured LH come on, and also go to his knee and come off, to then replace him with a back rower and ask for uncontested scrums? Are we allowed to field not fully fit players and be that cynical? Right now, throwing another body in as LH is asking someone to accept a suicide mission, which is pretty much what Nearchou was asked to do, poor lad.

The 'laws' say we must have 2 LHs in the 23 (and that means players who have clearly played and trained in that position), and we are not allowed the option not to so do (big fines etc).

MarleyWasp

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2021, 12:21:04 PM »
There is a precedence set with Europe whereby we can make an emergency registration for a front row forward should we need to in order to ensure contested scrums. I am not sure what impact that will have on a player being registered with another club though.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2021, 12:28:21 PM »
What do we do over the Cup and Heiny matches? Field our least injured (walking wounded) LH as a starter, have him go to his knee within a minute or so, have the next least worst injured LH come on, and also go to his knee and come off, to then replace him with a back rower and ask for uncontested scrums? Are we allowed to field not fully fit players and be that cynical? Right now, throwing another body in as LH is asking someone to accept a suicide mission, which is pretty much what Nearchou was asked to do, poor lad.

The 'laws' say we must have 2 LHs in the 23 (and that means players who have clearly played and trained in that position), and we are not allowed the option not to so do (big fines etc).

Inevitable we will bring people in on loan or as trialists. Gordon Reid was mentioned by BB yesterday at the match so they are looking
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2021, 07:43:27 PM »
If West is close enough it might be a chance to get him some game time. Although personally I wouldn’t even consider risking him.