Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Reflink  (Read 3915 times)

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Reflink
« on: November 08, 2021, 12:38:11 PM »
Just a quick question, my son went to the England vs Tonga game on Saturday and purchased a reflink and really enjoyed it. Do wasps have anything similar at the CBS?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Reflink
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2021, 12:42:13 PM »
Just a quick question, my son went to the England vs Tonga game on Saturday and purchased a reflink and really enjoyed it. Do wasps have anything similar at the CBS?

Yes there is Premiership Reflink supposedly in all stadiums. All teams sold them a few seasons ago. I got ours from Worcester. They have four listening channels. One is the ref and a second is commentary- usually BT I find.  The others are spares.
Let me tell you something cucumber

NorthYorksWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2021, 02:00:36 PM »
Reflink does work at the CBS. Not sure that Wasps sell the radios, have to be honest and admit got my two through Newcastle Falcons, they were available certainly up to July this year. £10 plus p+p.

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2021, 02:15:43 PM »
The frequencies:
61.200 MHz
61.700 MHz
62.300 MHz
62.700 MHz
Are (according to Offcom) for ADS. "ADS is intended for the transmission of audio content for direct reception within a small defined area, typically a sports stadium or conference hall. This will permit the "broadcasting" to closed user groups of material such as a referee's comments, or conference translations, or audio descriptions for the visually impaired; in situations where other means are not suitable."

Probably any FM radio will do the job, but anyone else's model should work.

Falcons still advertising theirs
https://www.shopfalcons.co.uk/products/fan-radio?_pos=1&_sid=547c5459b&_ss=r

MarleyWasp

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2021, 02:20:17 PM »
I brought this on Amazon for £7.99: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07QQS9MGB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. Works well, except for yesterday when I couldn't find the Reflink but did pick up the full BT Sport commentary. Felt very strange watching a game live with BT commentary, although the replays shown on the big screen made a lot more sense.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2021, 02:26:28 PM »
I brought this on Amazon for £7.99: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07QQS9MGB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. Works well, except for yesterday when I couldn't find the Reflink but did pick up the full BT Sport commentary. Felt very strange watching a game live with BT commentary, although the replays shown on the big screen made a lot more sense.

For some strange reason BT commentary bled into our 2 RefLinks yesterday - that is listening to E1 we could hear E2 (BT) faintly.

Wasps did sell them in the shop for a while. Strangely you had to Q to get to the counter as they were only held under the counter - weird. Hence we got ours from Worcester!

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2021, 02:28:17 PM »

For some strange reason BT commentary bled into our 2 RefLinks yesterday - that is listening to E1 we could hear E2 (BT) faintly.

Wasps did sell them in the shop for a while. Strangely you had to Q to get to the counter as they were only held under the counter - weird. Hence we got ours from Worcester!

I had some reflink issues yesterday too, had ref fine first half but could also hear bt commentary on same channel in background, second half lost all on that channel but could clearly get bt commentary on next channel.
I wondered if it was because bt commentary was based in East stand which I hadn't seen before, Austin found it a long way up the steps before the game and at half time!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2021, 02:46:23 PM »

I had some reflink issues yesterday too, had ref fine first half but could also hear bt commentary on same channel in background, second half lost all on that channel but could clearly get bt commentary on next channel.
I wondered if it was because bt commentary was based in East stand which I hadn't seen before, Austin found it a long way up the steps before the game and at half time!

BT commentary is always from the back of the East stand. They interview on the ground to the South end of the West then run back. Austin can be quite humourous (in his own mind) if he thinks he is being watched (or shouted at).

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2021, 03:21:46 PM »

COVVY.  Very apt! :)

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2021, 04:31:40 PM »

Looking at the frequency list from Tervueren my guess, as a former radio engineer, is that as they were on adjacent channels your receiver filters aren’t very good and you were getting crosstalk.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2021, 04:35:41 PM »

BT commentary is always from the back of the East stand. They interview on the ground to the South end of the West then run back. Austin can be quite humourous (in his own mind) if he thinks he is being watched (or shouted at).

I knew there was a camera set up there, hadn't seen the commentators going up there past us in block 17 before until yesterday.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2021, 08:33:32 AM »
We are still using the "London Wasps" reflinks that were one of the ST goodies they gave away many years ago at Adams Park.

Have used them at most other stadiums (stadia?) we have visited, but the only place they don't seem to work is HQ

We also had the BT commentary on the reflink channel, all match, something we have never had before.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2021, 11:11:54 AM »
Had a reflink I bought at sarries a few years ago but it packed up a few matches back, so ordered a couple from Saints as they had stock £10 each, delivered in a couple of days.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2021, 12:07:24 PM »
Had a reflink I bought at sarries a few years ago but it packed up a few matches back, so ordered a couple from Saints as they had stock £10 each, delivered in a couple of days.

I got mine from Saints at £10 also.

BarossaD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2021, 09:32:05 AM »
Chiefs sell them on their website. They don't come with any off-message branding.