Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Reflink  (Read 3913 times)

Laterontoday

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Reflink
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2022, 01:15:17 PM »
It doesn’t always work at the CBS. It can be a bit hit and miss; some games low volume, some prem games nothing. Not sure if someone just forgets to switch it on or there is a fault.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2022, 01:16:35 PM »
Find it doesn't work for Euro matches or Prem Cup matches.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2022, 03:01:24 PM »
I ended up buying a couple of small radios off Amazon for £10 and have used them at CBSA for the London Irish game and away at Sale both time worked perfectly. Clear link to ref with no interference.
FM Battery Operated Pocket Radio,... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QNK9NMG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2022, 03:55:04 PM »
There were issues at some of the early matches where it didn't appear and the commentary bleed through but has been fine recently.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2022, 04:49:37 PM »
I ended up buying a couple of small radios off Amazon for £10 and have used them at CBSA for the London Irish game and away at Sale both time worked perfectly. Clear link to ref with no interference.
FM Battery Operated Pocket Radio,... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QNK9NMG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I've got one of those - works ok, but sadly no longer avaiable.

Any FM radio which has a lower range of 60MHz will work (reflink operates at about 62MHz). Unfortunately the vast majority use the "broadcast" range starting about 87MHz, although some go down to 64MHz, which is still too high.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2022, 06:05:01 PM »
I tend to use Aliexpress for this sort of thing. Can take about 3 weeks to arrive, but this one is about £5.20:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000945220101.html

(they will add the VAT at the checkout). You can use Paypal to pay. Over the last year, I have spent a lot of money on that site, any problems have always been sorted (quite rare).

They sort out the import stuff so no delays or fees there either.

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2022, 11:58:29 PM »

Any FM radio which has a lower range of 60MHz will work (reflink operates at about 62MHz). Unfortunately the vast majority use the "broadcast" range starting about 87MHz, although some go down to 64MHz, which is still too high.

I only purchased these just before Christmas and have just checked and they are still available on Amazon for £12.79

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2022, 08:55:36 AM »

I only purchased these just before Christmas and have just checked and they are still available on Amazon for £12.79

That link is now showing as unavailable - just after Xmas was available.

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2022, 09:31:41 AM »
Thanks to all. Worked fine this time.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2022, 09:44:46 AM »
It needed a "bleep" device for Genge's potty mouth.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2022, 09:46:34 AM »
I used headphones plugged in for the first time following advice on here, so much better and clearer!