Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Further disciplinary fallout from Bath v Wasps  (Read 1117 times)

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Further disciplinary fallout from Bath v Wasps
« on: November 23, 2021, 06:55:28 PM »
Hadn’t realised there was further hearing from this game

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/nov/23/rugby-union-anthony-watson-given-suspended-one-week-ban-referee-tweet

This might make some DoR think re their comments after games .

Incidentally anyone also have thoughts on the  S A female water carrier/ physio entering field of play on Saturday for no reason?

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Further disciplinary fallout from Bath v Wasps
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 07:13:53 PM »
All in favour of this. Players need to realise social media = the public domain.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2021, 09:12:18 PM »
All in favour of this. Players need to realise social media = the public domain.
+1

In the wider context and from the Guardian article - it may impact grassroots too. I followed this up on a reffing forum and one of the things that's been an increasing problem is spectators at local games, giving the refs grief such that many are giving up/not going to return.

Not seen anything at my local club - but I'll call out anyone in the "crowd" who does that (crowd, sparse but regular!)

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2021, 09:52:50 PM »
If be in favour of this if his ban actually meant he missed a game and wasn’t suspended until the end of the season, or have I misinterpreted that?

Mellie

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2021, 10:36:28 PM »
If be in favour of this if his ban actually meant he missed a game and wasn’t suspended until the end of the season, or have I misinterpreted that?
It's suspended until the end of next season. He probably won't play this season.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2021, 08:08:43 AM »
It really makes me wonder what is going on at Bath when nobody there seems to think this incident was a red card.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2021, 08:48:10 AM »
It really makes me wonder what is going on at Bath when nobody there seems to think this incident was a red card.

Siege mindset. They need it at the moment. But they need to do more than just moan on social media.

Mellie

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2021, 10:49:30 AM »
Commentators at the time said he was hard done by as he hadn't actually made contact with the head. It was a team mate he drove into that inadvertently did.

Fair enough, that shows he didn't mean to do it. However, if you approach a breakdown at that speed and angle for a clearout it is most definitely reckless and likely to cause injury, which it did. Therefore  clear red card.