Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Munster game in doubt?  (Read 597 times)

FishingWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Munster game in doubt?
« on: November 26, 2021, 10:21:29 AM »
Munster currently in SA, due to play Bulls tomorrow and
Lions on weekend of 4 December.
New Covid variant in SA is leading to tougher restrictions on entry to UK, I.e. quarantine in hotel for arrivals after this Sunday, so unless the game v Lions is called off, I don't see how our game v Munster can go ahead.
If Munster cannot travel/play the scheduled game on 12th at CBSA what is the situation. Do Munster forfeit? Is it declared a home win? A draw? Anyone know the regulations?

If the game is not played, are STHs refunded?

Edit- This theme also posted on Covid SA by Neil's, that I did not see until after posting so maybe best to use that earlier thread for replies.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 10:38:02 AM by FishingWasp »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Munster game in doubt?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 10:28:47 AM »
This is on the Covid thread to start with.

Doubt if there will be any refund as the match will still have to be played if it can be fitted in (or defaulted I suppose). There were Covid options during the pandemic lockdowns but doubt ERC have anything cast in stone.

Question is what are the Irish Regulations about SA travel (we seem to be ahead of the EU on this)? If they don't get back until early next week to Ireland do they still have to isolate for 10 days coming here. Many ???
Let me tell you something cucumber

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 10:34:36 AM »
Looks like Cardiff and Scarlets are already making plans to return ASAP.  Don't think their games will be played.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/59425255

Not sure what advice has been issued by the Irish government, but I'd expect it to be pretty well in step with the UK and other European countries, so if they haven't announced similar restrictions already then it won't be long.  I'd imagine all the European teams will be heading straight for the airport.  All three plus Zebre are in SA with games this weekend and next.

FishingWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2021, 10:39:36 AM »
Just seen that Neil's already started a thread on this topic, so maybe best to post replies on that thread "Covid SA"