Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Covid SA  (Read 1496 times)

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Covid SA
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2021, 03:26:42 PM »
Yes, that was my point. And, to say a flight has been sorted is a bit erroneous. Unless the plane and crew are already in, and stuck in, South Africa, you can't leave a plane on the ground waiting for the green light.

I see on the news that cases of this new variant have now been found in the UK. It has probably been here for weeks. For as long as we want to encourage international travel for leisure, we will never control a pandemic by restricting travel. The restrictions will always come weeks too late to be of any use. And, no, I am not advocating shutting down International travel, merely pointing out the consequences.

I had my booster on Wednesday, and yesterday I got an email and text from the NHS to tell me I had been placed on the 'at risk' register (the old ticker). My doctor has just gotten around to putting on the system what he told me more than 18 months ago (shows how overworked the staff are)!! Said email and text both also told me to go get a booster, but I already had!! Left hand, meet right hand.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Covid SA
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2021, 11:08:27 PM »
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/fears-twickenham-rugby-match-may-have-omicron-superspreader/

The articles 2nd paragraph states that there was a strict policy re proof of double vaccination and negative lateral flow test. Really? At no point was I asked a question,let alone provide evidence.