Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Alfie and Eddie  (Read 3813 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Alfie and Eddie
« on: November 27, 2021, 06:34:27 AM »
Let me tell you something cucumber

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Alfie and Eddie
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2021, 07:12:51 AM »
I wondered why Alfie went to 8 whilst Carr packed down at 7.

Thats going to be some competition for the No 8 jersey between Alfie and Tom Willis.

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 07:46:27 AM »
Alfie and Willis rotating together would be phenomenal and keep performance standards high. Jack, Shields, Nizzam flanking with Fifita rotating between 2nd row and flank works well. Gasks, Launchers and Stooke in the engine room...... Gaby finding regular high performances at hooker...that is the sort of team you can build a pack around

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2021, 08:49:59 AM »
I'm glad - I think he gets the most from his talent in the backrow and as link to and with the wider players. If he does end up in Jones' England at 8, then I hope he gets time with us at 8. I do think Jones is wrong to pick Curry at 8 when he barely ever plays there and it does - for me - have specific skills. Indeed - Simmonds showed them last evening too.

My thoughts on England's backrow probably wouldn't coincide with Jones'.....and I will expect a call to discuss :-)

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2021, 08:58:14 AM »
Que Jones now saying he won’t be picking Alfie as a back row as he is too small to play there

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2021, 09:01:54 AM »
Que Jones now saying he won’t be picking Alfie as a back row as he is too small to play there
  :D

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2021, 09:21:48 AM »
Disappointed that Alfie has rolled over, thought he was gunning to play 12/13  :D

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2021, 09:23:39 AM »
Given Frosts emergence as a real player at this level, and Eckersley showing he can at least mix with adults, it makes sense.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2021, 09:25:45 AM »
Given Frosts emergence as a real player at this level, and Eckersley showing he can at least mix with adults, it makes sense.

Don't forget Tom Cruse. He's still in the mix.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2021, 09:39:54 AM »

I was considering Cruse as 1st choice, with then Oghre and Frost fighting for 2nd, with Eckersley filling in as 4th. Where does Barbeary fit with that :D.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2021, 09:52:25 AM »

I was considering Cruse as 1st choice, with then Oghre and Frost fighting for 2nd, with Eckersley filling in as 4th. Where does Barbeary fit with that :D.

It's just that nobody had mentioned Tom.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2021, 11:37:38 AM »
Wasps already have an outstanding crop of hookers without Alfie.

Cruse is very good but is not going to be around forever but we have two youngsters- Gabe and Frosty - that could do a fantastic job for the next 7-10 years. Ive not seen Dan Eckersley  play but by all accounts he is a real prospect too.

Tom Willis runs himself into the ground every time he plays and sometimes shows signs of needing a rest. 

I look forward to seeing Alfie and Tom sharing the number 8 duties for years to come too. What a combination!

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2021, 12:18:27 PM »
Wasps already have an outstanding crop of hookers without Alfie.

Cruse is very good but is not going to be around forever but we have two youngsters- Gabe and Frosty - that could do a fantastic job for the next 7-10 years. Ive not seen Dan Eckersley  play but by all accounts he is a real prospect too.

Tom Willis runs himself into the ground every time he plays and sometimes shows signs of needing a rest. 

I look forward to seeing Alfie and Tom sharing the number 8 duties for years to come too. What a combination!

Sharing will be a problem. Both will want to be the #1 choice in that position.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2021, 12:23:23 PM »
A back row of Willis, Willis and Barbeary who can all pretty much interchange across all 3 positions doesn't sound too bad, teams won't know who is coming at them next both sides of the ball.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2021, 12:50:12 PM »
A back row of Willis, Willis and Barbeary who can all pretty much interchange across all 3 positions doesn't sound too bad, teams won't know who is coming at them next both sides of the ball.

+1. Formidable.