Always a Wasp

Author Topic: england boss  (Read 788 times)

wycombewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
england boss
« on: November 29, 2021, 11:27:56 AM »
just been reading the BBC match report on the EA's vs Sale and quote " the Sarries and England boss EDDIE JONES" unquote allways knew there was a good reason for OF keeping his place in the team, was it a slip of the pen or do they know something,  would explain a lot.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: england boss
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 11:35:36 AM »
Ah ... you are misreading the poorly written piece, here it is verbatim:

But Sarries - and England boss Eddie Jones - were more concerned by the role played by fit-again loose forward Billy Vunipola, who marked his return from injury by playing a key part in the hosts' second try.

Note the hyphens. To be correct, it should have read:

But Sarries - and also England boss Eddie Jones - were more concerned by the role played by fit-again loose forward Billy Vunipola, who marked his return from injury by playing a key part in the hosts' second try.

wycombewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 12:18:30 PM »
yes Nelly,  I did realise that, I just thought it rather amusing.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 02:44:13 PM »
Where would you rank BV in the list of 8’s likely to be selected by Jones. I currently have him behind Curry, Simmonds and Dombrandt. I’m even thinking Barbeary is in the mix given the conversations around where he should play. Billy’s time may have gone.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2021, 03:03:57 PM »
a) rank likely to be selected by jones, BV is probably 5th or so
b) where he ought to be ranked on current form and fitness - prob 2nd

It rather depends upon what England's backrow strategy and aims/emphasis is. If Lawes has become "essential" it would relegate BV as there's prob a need for more "legs". If you could pick a fit Jack and Curry - then BV seemed to fit better. And BV had one poor tournament (not exactly alone) in the 6Ns which for me asked the question, what was Jones selecting out of form/not match fit players?

On the other hand, if BV has had a conversation with Jones like apparently his brother did, then I'd doubt he's in any danger of being picked!