Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Alfie and Eddie  (Read 3791 times)

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Alfie and Eddie
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2021, 10:49:47 AM »
With Jack out I would say Oghre is our next best jackaller, he doesn't get so many chances to jackal when playing at Hooker though.

Can't believe I forgot Gaby

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2021, 11:42:25 AM »
With Jack out I would say Oghre is our next best jackaller, he doesn't get so many chances to jackal when playing at Hooker though.

The more jackallers you have, the easier it is for all of them, as the opposition cannot target them all out of the game.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2021, 01:44:32 PM »
Not sure who it was, maybe Aston Healey, that was pointing out how Wasps were lasting well in games because the turnover rate was tiring opposition whilst preserving their own energy.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2021, 01:46:36 PM »

The more jackallers you have, the easier it is for all of them, as the opposition cannot target them all out of the game.

Hence why having Young and Willis simultaneously was a strength and arguably our best form in years post lockdown.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2021, 03:57:14 PM »
For everybody's information: There is a lengthy article in the Telegraph on Alfie and England. It has many photos and vids which are integral to it, so a copy and paste job is impossible (at least for me, sorry). I suggest all who can should read it.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!