Alfie
« on: November 30, 2021, 07:26:01 PM »
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Alfie
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2021, 07:31:38 PM »
Jeez. Basing your position on trying to second guess what’s going on in mad Eddie’s head is probably the most futile exercise I’ve ever heard of. Let’s face it, if you nail your colours to the mast and knock it out of the park as a hooker there’s just as much chance of being selected as a eight anyway - or anywhere else on the pitch for that matter.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 08:19:41 PM »
Jeez. Basing your position on trying to second guess what’s going on in mad Eddie’s head is probably the most futile exercise I’ve ever heard of. Let’s face it, if you nail your colours to the mast and knock it out of the park as a hooker there’s just as much chance of being selected as a eight anyway - or anywhere else on the pitch for that matter.
+1

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2021, 09:32:59 AM »

Maybe that is what is happening...but in reverse.  To be honest at 8 he is probably in a good place to start as either hooker or centre for England, so he is actually covering more bases that way.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2021, 02:40:16 PM »
+1

Least he didn't earn a mention in Jones' book......unlike poor Ollie Lawrence...WTF was going on there?

And I agree, that 8 is a good start for the 12 shirt - remembering that 6N's '24 will be with a new coach....