Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Match Thread  (Read 4907 times)

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2021, 04:56:00 PM »
Commentator sums it up. Too little, too late.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2021, 05:02:30 PM »
Blew it in the 1st half, we controlled Van Der Merwe in the 2nd half and actually had some good spells, but too many times it ends with a spilled ball.
A number of players working hard, Willis, Bassett, Frost all played very well, the 2 9's did okay but we are missing Robson to get the control.
Not sure what we need to do at 10. Too many missed touch, too may loose passes, but some good play at times, it's the inconsistency that needs sorting out. I think we would be seeing Charlie more if he was fit.

Sussex Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2021, 05:02:57 PM »
Yup. Alfie made a big difference, and the team as a whole stuck in there with guts, but just not enough. At least we won the tights battle.

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2021, 05:03:45 PM »
So what excuse can we roll out this week. Tired players? Injuries? We were unlucky? Or will it be oh the boys put everything in and were unlucky in the end, they never gave up, we could have nicked it at the end. This sums us up let’s give teams a massive lead and then try and claw it back. It’s just not good enough

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2021, 05:05:45 PM »
For the second week running we score 1 more try than the oppo but we don't get the win. Frustrating.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2021, 05:08:10 PM »
Listened to it on the radio. Very poor.

It sounds like Jacob didn’t tighten up his game and made silly mistakes again. I heard McHenry mentioned once and Kibirige probably three times. Our backs are poor.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2021, 05:18:48 PM »
Very sorry to say this but the conversion of Tom Willis's try  would have had us all singingh a different tune.  But that's rugby; we come so close.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2021, 05:36:03 PM »
Very sorry to say this but the conversion of Tom Willis's try  would have had us all singing a different tune.  But that's rugby; we come so close.

You don't have to make kicks from far out wide if you don't let the opposition have a free go at scoring for half the game. It was like watching one of those comedy dad's games with little kids as van de Meuwre ran his tries in, with players diving randomly in or out of his way.

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2021, 05:40:01 PM »
Very sorry to say this but the conversion of Tom Willis's try  would have had us all singingh a different tune.  But that's rugby; we come so close.
All it would have done is given a false impression of the match just like last week

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2021, 05:45:51 PM »
Very sorry to say this but the conversion of Tom Willis's try  would have had us all singing a different tune.  But that's rugby; we come so close.

You don't have to make kicks from far out wide if you don't let the opposition have a free go at scoring for half the game. It was like watching one of those comedy dad's games with little kids as van de Meuwre ran his tries in, with players diving randomly in or out of his way.

Whether you agree or not, VDM is an international and Lions winger. Kept him pretty well shackled in the 2nd half but by then the damage was done :-[
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2021, 05:53:05 PM »
Vailanu never played like that when he was with us.  Why is it that we get players who don't perform for us and then go elsewhere and do good things?  Alapati was another.  Also a number of hopefuls we signed, some of who never even made appearances for us, it seems to me.

In the final two game sof last season, he was excellent. Scored two very good tries aginst the Tigers. I think that we had at last, got him fit. Always saw the potential in him

Sussex Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2021, 06:23:02 PM »
Umaga also missed the last touch kick from his 25, to gift Wuss their third try. It's his 3rd missed touch and just too many.
Feel for the lad but match after match this is crucifying the team as no.10 is the lynchpin

Apparently it's a prop's fault. Or maybe someone who is injured.

The true incarnation of Ricohchezwasp

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2021, 06:43:14 PM »
Umaga also missed the last touch kick from his 25, to gift Wuss their third try. It's his 3rd missed touch and just too many.
Feel for the lad but match after match this is crucifying the team as no.10 is the lynchpin

Apparently it's a prop's fault. Or maybe someone who is injured.

The true incarnation of Ricohchezwasp

Lol, classy.

The fact is that the team we put out had plenty of ability. It was at least as good as the team that put Sarries to the sword not so long ago.

I suggested that Jacob was not hitting his potential and was repeatedly told it wasn't his fault. His mistakes were all down to not having a good enough pack, or an injured 12.

He, like many others, are playing well under their potential and I don't agree that if we just carry on the same way as we have all season it will magically improve.

We have some brilliant players, many of whom were in that squad. If we aren't allowed to discuss why things may be going wrong there is little point in having a site dedicated to discussing the team.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2021, 09:56:36 PM »
Completely agree Vespula. There is a clear distinction for me. Anyone who wears the shirt gets unconditional 100% backing but that doesn’t mean we can’t discuss their performances. Every player is giving their all but we’re not good enough right now in the absolute basics.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2021, 08:17:48 AM »
I suggested that Jacob was not hitting his potential and was repeatedly told it wasn't his fault. His mistakes were all down to not having a good enough pack, or an injured 12.

Happy to discuss. However, I'm not sure that posters, and I certainly didn't say "it wasn't his fault." In the main, my impression was - and what I said - that posters felt that there were mitigating circumstances that made playing well harder.

So - if we get on the same page I'd be more than happy to discuss the form/input of any player.