Always a Wasp

Author Topic: TRP  (Read 5722 times)

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: TRP
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2021, 11:35:32 AM »
Centres - I was mildly surprised we didn't look at Sam Hill when he left Exeter - not getting game time at Sale....and if Devoto is not going to get an England call.....he would be exactly the sort of 12 that would be a similar replacement for Jimmy. (and sadly for Mills)

Hill has been injured most of this season but hasn't really shown when given opportunities last season
Didn't realise he was injured. Ok - it was an example of an underachiever - I watched him within the U-20 England team when I was able to go to games more easily. If that's the case, that's a shame as he was looking a decent prospect post U-20's

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2021, 11:39:11 AM »
Re Mills, the business head says cut him loose. Even if he offered to play for free he would end up costing us money (more medical costs).

Nelly, all pro-athletes that I have treated have had Insurance. Athletics, Rugby, Football, Cricket, [Ballet]. The policies seem to be sport related eg all county cricket teams have the same policy/broker. I cannot recall a club paying directly although my colleague who operated on Dan charges so much that the football clubs have to top up the repayment [£10,000 for a few stitches if you ask].

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2021, 11:48:05 AM »
Re Mills, the business head says cut him loose. Even if he offered to play for free he would end up costing us money (more medical costs).

Nelly, all pro-athletes that I have treated have had Insurance. Athletics, Rugby, Football, Cricket, [Ballet]. The policies seem to be sport related eg all county cricket teams have the same policy/broker. I cannot recall a club paying directly although my colleague who operated on Dan charges so much that the football clubs have to top up the repayment [£10,000 for a few stitches if you ask].

I would have thought insurance is obligatory.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2021, 01:05:34 PM »
I just can’t see how we are anywhere near the cap.

If we lose mills, jimmy, Watson and MLB that is plenty to get a couple of decent 12’s from SA or NZ.

For me 12 is killing us at the moment and needs to be sorted

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2021, 01:11:57 PM »

I would have thought insurance is obligatory.

Yes. If it is done communally amongst Premiership Rugby, then unlike individuals, a team is not subjected to premium fluctuations dependent on claims.