Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Travel to Toulouse And Munster  (Read 688 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Travel to Toulouse And Munster
« on: December 07, 2021, 11:03:51 AM »
Anyone actually worked out what testing you now need for a one and two day trip yet?
Let me tell you something cucumber

petros

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Travel to Toulouse And Munster
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 11:29:24 AM »
Munster will be the common travel area (ie UK and Ireland) so may not need anything.

Toulouse will be multiple tests and paperwork especially if not fully vaccinated.

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2021, 11:32:03 AM »
Simon Calder was saying on Radio5, that if you get tested before you leave then that can count as your pre departure test and, if it is within 3 days of your return flight, then it counts as your pre-return test too.  Then you need a second test on your arrival.  There is a test centre at Gatwick for the arrival test, but it will cost way over £100.  Incidentally the equivalent at Lisbon costs £30!  You may want to check though as it will probably be different by this evening.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2021, 11:59:01 AM »
Looking at the way positive tests (they carry out fewer tests than us) and ICU cases are rising over there they may well be on a higher level if not the red list  by the time of the game. Boris appears to be determined to protect Christmas so shutting the borders that might be a compromise.

Its going to be a nightmare for the club, especially if one of the players ends up testing positive or they've all got to go in to quarantine on the way back.

Gov travel advice for France here: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/coronavirus

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2021, 12:27:59 PM »
I had a long weekend planned, drive out Friday, drive back Monday, I'm currently contemplating cancelling it. With a test needed within 48hrs of the return journey I would need to get a test at some point on the Saturday in France, any positive result would then lead to quarantine in France etc, so really not sure I want to take that risk, especially for a game we are very likely to get well beaten.