Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps v Munster: Post match thoughts.  (Read 3813 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps v Munster: Post match thoughts.
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2021, 01:44:11 PM »
I had to turn off at half time, Poite ignoring Kibirige being taking out off the ball then the yellow on Dan were the last straw for me, Poite was only refereeing one team.

Me too. It was not enjoyable to watch.

Well think of us actually there!
Let me tell you something cucumber

matelot22

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2021, 02:35:08 PM »
I had to turn off at half time, Poite ignoring Kibirige being taking out off the ball then the yellow on Dan were the last straw for me, Poite was only refereeing one team.

I did actually, in a kind of "Thank God I hadn't paid to go out in the wet and cold to watch this" way...... ;D

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2021, 02:48:00 PM »

I did actually, in a kind of "Thank God I hadn't paid to go out in the wet and cold to watch this" way...... ;D

Same here.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2021, 02:49:28 PM »
Much admiration and respect for those that were there yesterday.  However, on the flip side, at least you didn't have to endure the BT commentators endlessly bleating on about poor, poor Munster overcoming such adversity to win.  Absolute bull!

A little context:

Munster's starting XV included 9 full internationals, with 475 caps between them, including 11 Lions caps.
They had 2 full weeks to prepare that team and bed the youngsters in to that star-studded line up.
They were fully refreshed after something like 6 weeks off.

Wasps' starting XV included 3 full internationals with 17 caps between them, down to 2 with 8 caps mid way through the 1st half.
They had just a few hours to prepare that team following COVID cases on the morning of the match.
Most of them have been playing pretty much every weekend since September, with injuries allowing little or no opportunity for rotation.

Poor Munster my arse!!

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2021, 02:51:01 PM »
Totally with you on that DGP!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2021, 02:54:21 PM »
Much admiration and respect for those that were there yesterday.  However, on the flip side, at least you didn't have to endure the BT commentators endlessly bleating on about poor, poor Munster overcoming such adversity to win.  Absolute bull!

A little context:

Munster's starting XV included 9 full internationals, with 475 caps between them, including 11 Lions caps.
They had 2 full weeks to prepare that team and bed the youngsters in to that star-studded line up.
They were fully refreshed after something like 6 weeks off.

Wasps' starting XV included 3 full internationals with 17 caps between them, down to 2 with 8 caps mid way through the 1st half.
They had just a few hours to prepare that team following COVID cases on the morning of the match.
Most of them have been playing pretty much every weekend since September, with injuries allowing little or no opportunity for rotation.

Poor Munster my arse!!

Don't forget that Munster's Squad is circa 60 and they added 22 for yesterday. Wasps have mid 40s as a squad plus a few loans of which we now have about 27 missing. There is no comparison but not that you would notice from any press coverage (apart from our Bobby that is).
Let me tell you something cucumber

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2021, 02:56:07 PM »
Even the Beeb match report was totally one sided :

A youthful Munster claimed a bonus-point win over 14-man Wasps in their opening Heineken Champions Cup game.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2021, 03:34:34 PM »
I virtually gave up on the Guardian site as the (self selected sample) Munster fans were acting as if their U-18's had won vs a full Prem side with experienced pros in every position.....

I did try and explain.....but you ended up with more BS than was healthy to counter - so I stopped bothering.

It seemed that it was a) a clear red, b) forward passes don't count, c) taking out our man behind the try line was "accidental" and d) that charge into the ruck didn't counter the Laws on foul play (my behind)

We didn't even know the game was being played the night before and had zero run outs for lineout, half backs, and backline abut we weren't tying hard enough.......

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2021, 03:48:48 PM »
Not forgetting that post all the build up carnage we lost Barbeary, Oghre, Bassett and Carr during the game as well. I had no idea who was playing where by the end.