Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Covid Passes  (Read 3639 times)

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Covid Passes
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2021, 02:22:32 PM »
the only thing left is habit, and Covid has broken that.

We were discussing this a couple of months ago at a lunch club we go to. All agreed that lockdowns had led them to evaluate what they had been doing for enjoyment and what they'd been doing out of force of habit.

If that small, self selecting, group is anything to go by there's going to be a lot of clubs, sports and even some of the bigger charities finding a lot of people not returning and its nothing to do with Covid.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2021, 02:37:45 PM »
It certainly feels like they do not care, and that's the most frustrating part. Having been part of the Supporters Panel when we moved it feels like I've fulfilled my purpose and am now irrelevant.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2021, 02:38:49 PM »
the only thing left is habit, and Covid has broken that.

We were discussing this a couple of months ago at a lunch club we go to. All agreed that lockdowns had led them to evaluate what they had been doing for enjoyment and what they'd been doing out of force of habit.

If that small, self selecting, group is anything to go by there's going to be a lot of clubs, sports and even some of the bigger charities finding a lot of people not returning and its nothing to do with Covid.

Agreed. At the Gloucester game I felt I was there more because it's what people expect of me then what I actually wanted to be doing.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2021, 03:05:03 PM »
Much of what has been said I agree with but to try to see where the club/owners are coming from (difficult). Covid must have hit the overall business very hard and they have to get the "whole" out of it not just the Sports Clubs.
As I understand it the halls are not available this year because of builder work - this has impacted the Clubhouse and the South Entrance. I understand (building press) that the upper and lower halls are now linked internally. This has meant the Fan Zones (never bothered myself) were outside and now in the South Concourse (I think that is the Footy away Segregated Area?). There was a note on a missive or Buzz Newsletter which suggested the Halls (or some) might be free early in the New Year (they certainly intend to bring the Netball back to start their season).
I find it annoying that we have no Club Shop but understand it is part of the South Entrance re-build. Quite why we had to bend over backwards to provide one for CCFC I don't know (money?). I also find the Anecdote a complete waste but it seems rammed on match days but the service is abysmal. Now I have had a lengthy discussion with them upstairs about food, beverage and staffing and apparently getting temporary staff currently is a nightmare. Delaware North apparently are on continual training with the churn of staff and everyone admits there have been mistakes (the football requirement that bottle tops are removed - now corrected). Apparently for a short period chips were banned from sale on the concourse (Council) but that was quickly remedied.
I do think the overall organisation is watching what is said but it seems like a very large tanker that takes time to change direction. This may be because minds are very much on the Bond (which I understood was all but sorted for next year). We bought our STs last season for the two seasons and if I hadn't I suspect I would have become a TV watcher (I must admit I get more pleasure from watching Premier TV with their higher quality pictures and more exciting matches). I will continue with this season and then take a deep breathe and decide what next. I want to give them the chance to show a large experience improvement (I accept the team has been ripped to shreds but we have seen this before and it gets better). BUT get rid of the a$$hole announcer!
Let me tell you something cucumber

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2021, 05:54:48 PM »
Agree with others that youngsters should get free tickets if accompanied by adult , especially as capacity is there. Chances are they will purchase food/drink or even waspsbrand wear of some description.

Can remember discounted tickets being sold  Friday nights in university bars of London  in loftus road days - that worked to get people still going to games today.

Wonder how many halls are being used this week for the snooker?

« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 05:59:55 PM by hookender »

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2021, 08:30:57 PM »
Take all of these points completely and recognise a lot of them myself. There are lots of nuanced reasons why attendances are down. I do believe though that if we got on a winning run the excitement to go would return. Leaving the wider match day experience behind I do think that there is one overriding emotion that most fans are leaving the ground with. It’s not disappointment, anger or apathy. It’s frustration. Frustration that we’ve had to cobble a team together again. Frustration that we’ve had more injuries during the game. Frustration that we genuinely don’t seem to be catching reffing breaks. Frustration that due to all of this we’ve lost. Being exasperated is hard work and many are understandably questioning why they should pay good money to have that as the return for their cash. But - with the squad we’ve assembled I’m convinced the good times will return and we’ll more than often leave the ground with that lovely feeling of being lifted by wins and good rugby.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2021, 01:50:17 PM »
Covid-19 Plan B: Carlisle United & Lincoln City cap ground capacity to avoid Covid passport requirements

Report from the Beeb.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59668147
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!