Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 1169 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning All
« on: December 26, 2021, 12:38:22 AM »
Morning All - Yes cheating I know. Just happened to be still up and a few bits to do on the computer.

It is wet and I can't see this improving if the forecast is to be believed. That means a wet track for the lads.

I am only hopeful for this one as Irish have been playing quite well and may spike our guns. As long as it is them doing the spiking and not us having another brain fart first half - please guys keep it close.

Safe and sober travels to those driving (there ain't no trains!).

COYW

Sorry for this early!
Let me tell you something cucumber

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2021, 01:18:09 AM »
Well it’s morning where I am in Brunei, so I’ll jump in. Already nice and warm here and a long time to wait until the rugby but my wife will prefer sport not taking up most of her favourite day of the Christmas period.

On current form we shouldn’t really stand a chance against Irish but was feeling confident for a turn around in our fortunes.
Such a shame if the weather is bad as I can see Jackson’s experience giving him a good chance of running the game better than Umaga, Woolstenholme has a great kicking game though so will hopefully share some of the burden.

If it’s just played up front then we might have a chance but sure it will come down to who has the best discipline and who keeps the unforced errors down.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2021, 07:21:44 AM »
Morning all,

I've just got up which is unusual for me, I'm normally up and and about well before 6am, so I think I'll leave my walk until after breakfast. It will be nice doing it daylight.

I might get to watch the 2nd half, depending on when our son and GF decide to leave. Other than what I said on the team thread I don't know what to think about today's game.

Safe travels everyone.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2021, 07:23:44 AM »
Morning all. Too dark outside to see what's going on but I suspect it's been raining, is raining or is about to rain. I fancy us for this one. With the Covids back + some others and last weekend off, the boys will be raring to go. Hope things aren't too bad at Cov as we are a dry pitch side. COYW.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2021, 08:32:06 AM »
Morning all, woken up in wet and foggy Sheffield this morning so can't help with Cov weather today.
Will be packing up from the in laws and back in time for the game, my daughters team are doing some flag waving/ shirt shaking before kick off so looking forward to a good day.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2021, 08:32:19 AM »
Morning all from a grey and wet S Buckighamshire. For Cov the weather should improve, with only light showers forecast, as the morning progresses. No rain forecast for the match. Ball handling however could be an issue. Maybe a day for stick it up your jumper stuff.

Fingers crossed that the lads can get a W this time around. Will give them a big boost to morale heading into the New Year.

#COYW

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2021, 08:36:34 AM »
Morning all. Grim outside, that it feels wet and drizzly grey and horrible weather nobody likes to play rugby in. A wet, slippery ball is what is coming, sliding off tackles, lost footing, scrums collapsing. A total lottery as to who scores. Longest studs will be needed.

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2021, 08:44:41 AM »
Morning NWW, Heathen, Ross, Chu, BiND, Jonny, Neils and all Waspies from a drizzly old Guildford. Christmas festivities are completed, and I have lots of left overs that I will be trying to make Christmas soup from, just as mum used to do when we were kids. She told me the recipe yesterday so I hope it works! Thus the plan is soup on, hound walking in the Surrey hills wearing my new Wasps hoodie my sister and brother in law gave me for Christmas, and then to watch our boys take on Irish today.

Last weeks postponement could not of been better timed, we we’re decimated with injuries and covid, and the way the Champions cup is set up as well is not reflecting well on our top European tournament which I normally look forward to with relish. But the gap has allowed a reformation of the ranks to a point, and although we are having to mix and match the wider back line, the experience these players are getting will bode well for the future.

Irish are a particular tough cookie to beat this term, and today is no gimme. This has the potential to be banjo string tight, but if we can get a win then our focus for top 6 can be maintained. We are hanging in there, but need points and wins now, not jam tomorrow.

Come on you Wasps!

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp!  ;D

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2021, 08:47:50 AM »
Good morning everyone.   I wish we (Mr WW and I)  were getting ready for take-off to  Coventry as we  love the Cracker,  and we'd really love to be at the match but we thought  we should give it a miss this  year and we're surrounded by thick fog anyway.  The rest of the family will be cheering loudly on our behalf tho'.   It could be a close match and Irish are on the up. but we've got  some very good come-back boys returning to the squad which could make a big difference.  Welcome back to both of the Tom Ws!  We missed you both  Take care of yourselves and no injuries.  Safe journeys to everyone  wherever you are and come on Wasps .....  cut out the penalties and keep up the energy ...  Allez x 3

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2021, 09:29:12 AM »
Morning all. If we’re disciplined we can win this one. But worried about Josh at 13. If the rain clears it could be a real ding dong.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2021, 09:47:24 AM »
Morning all. Brightening in S Glos this morning and the rain radar agrees with the Met Office in that it look like a damp one today - but not necessarily rainy....But given current forecasting.....anything could happen, meteorologically speaking

This will need an 80min disciplined effort from the pack and the sense to change the midfield sooner rather than later if it's not working with Josh at 13 today.

I type more in hope than expectation.....but if we can get on top up front we can make this v hard for them. Good starting front row, our current preferred SR (from those fit) and a great backrow....perhaps we're due some luck....

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2021, 10:02:11 AM »
Morning all,
There appears to have been very heavy rain in Coventry last night that will make conditions difficult. There is now very light rain - more of a drizzle to be honest - that is forecast to end by 2.00pm.
I really can’t see our backs scoring tries today so will be relying on Fifita, Alfie and Tom to get across the line. I hope to be proven wrong though.
Looking forward to it though and really hope we can win. We need a boost to be honest.

FishingWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2021, 10:29:54 AM »
Morning all, and safe travels to all of you who are going today.
After much consideration that Mrs FW and I have decided, with heavy hearts, to give this game a miss. Living in Wales we are abiding by the spirit, if not the letter, of the Welsh restrictions in attending sports events, plus our own judgement of the Covid risks (despite being triple jabbed) First time in 17 years being STH's that we've chosen not to attend a home game! So if you're there, give them an extra cheer for us.
Hopefully we will find a stream to watch the match, which bears the hallmarks of being a close exciting game. Here's hoping that Wasps come out on top.
COYW!!!!!

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2021, 10:38:19 AM »
Morning everyone.
Not sure about the chances today. Really need a W that could provide momentum, massive game in some ways.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2021, 10:38:46 AM »
Uggggg - triple jabbed to a person but now two positives. Not going to risk others so all are bailing today - bugger it even bought the current Wasps Christmas hats!. Not even on telly. Legally.
Let me tell you something cucumber