Always a Wasp

Author Topic: TRP plus  (Read 5258 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: TRP plus
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2021, 02:34:04 PM »
To return to Fekitoa. He came here after an unhappy spell at Toulon so would he be rather concerned about returning to France?

The owner of Toulon was bonkers. Malakai will seek as big a pay out as he can to wrap ip his career.
Let me tell you something cucumber

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2021, 03:00:39 PM »
To return to Fekitoa. He came here after an unhappy spell at Toulon so would he be rather concerned about returning to France?

The owner of Toulon was bonkers. Malakai will seek as big a pay out as he can to wrap ip his career.

I agree, he’ll be 30 by the end of this season if he can get a big deal somewhere for 2 or 3 years then that’ll be a good move for him.
At 32/33 it then still gives him a shot at a quick stint in Japan before his final few years in super rugby or just playing ITM.
His long term girlfriend however is Spanish so could well be planning for the long term in Europe.

If Fekitoa and Mills go their wages could easily get us three decent centres and give a youngster like Hartley an improved deal at the same time.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2021, 04:00:59 PM »
Good summary, NWW

A relative used to work at an accountancy firm that dealt with the owner of the previously punished club. She knows where the bodies lie, and the sums of money involved are extraordinary. This predated the recent investigations/fines etc. It was simply Mr X's company paying 6/7 figure sums from one of his property companies directly to the player, usually as a signing on fee.

So that could provide an idea as to how over half of the then B&I starting pack was playing for one club with several other stars in their squad?

And would I be correct in thinking that the fans of such a club might be being economical when they claim it was all about some miscalculations over image/similar right payments and wasn't much in money terms at all?

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2021, 04:28:36 PM »
There may be no formal relegation as such this season but an informal relegation, ie expulsion from the Prem, would solve the problem of the 13 club league.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2021, 04:33:09 PM »
Mike909

The period involved was c 2003-2009, so before the period they were 'punished' for.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2021, 04:43:38 PM »
Mike909

The period involved was c 2003-2009, so before the period they were 'punished' for.

Thanks for clarifying. Sounds like they "learned" from the experience?

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2021, 05:58:54 PM »
Mike909

Really? I thought the furthest back they could go was 5 years. Borthwick has been quite vocal saying nothing to do with me/us.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2021, 06:02:02 PM »
Mike909

Really? I thought the furthest back they could go was 5 years. Borthwick has been quite vocal saying nothing to do with me/us.

I think Backdoc was referring to his earlier post re: Sarries.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2021, 06:44:50 PM »
Mike909

I think Backdoc was referring to his earlier post re: an unnamed team

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2021, 06:57:09 PM »
Yes, Borthwick already deploying the us against the world strategy which suggests he knows it will be proven. It may well be before his time - irrelevant.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2021, 07:17:49 PM »
Yes, Borthwick already deploying the us against the world strategy which suggests he knows it will be proven. It may well be before his time - irrelevant.

Put in words what we thought reading his comments. Also interesting the EAs coming out in support of "their boy" Borfwik.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2021, 07:25:10 PM »
Of course - these annoying people, digging around and applying the rules - who needs it.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2021, 09:57:35 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/59820042

Can’t decide if Alex is concerned for his old mate, or worried about something he’s come across at Sale?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2021, 10:04:31 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/59820042

Can’t decide if Alex is concerned for his old mate, or worried about something he’s come across at Sale?

He would have done better if he had kept his mouth shut.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2021, 10:24:59 PM »
Isn't that the whole point.

Getting caught cheating isn't supposed to be anything other than massively traumatic. Then it might make teams think twice before doing it.

Hang them out to dry is my opinion.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here