Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps v London Irish: Post match thoughts.  (Read 6200 times)

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Wasps v London Irish: Post match thoughts.
« on: December 26, 2021, 05:07:48 PM »
Jam today, not tomorrow!

Forwards take a bow!

Alfie is back!

A great time to get a 5 point win, this was so important today to keep in contact with the top 6, and the lads did the job. London Irish can be so dangerous and demonstrated as much when given possession and position, but the fact we shut them down so often and converted our chances was wonderful to see.

Jacobs red card was fully deserved and it will be a likely 2-4 match ban for him. Annoying as he played well, but all players need to learn quickly to bend in the tackle. Stay upright be prepared to watch your team from the stands. However today for me it was a great team effort, but standouts from the evergreen Jimmy, Alo, Shields, Frost and West were invaluable. With players returning next year perhaps we can now starting looking up rather than glancing down!

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp!  ;D

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps v London Irish: Post match thoughts.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2021, 05:12:58 PM »
At a late scrum, Tom West put their tight head into orbit.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2021, 05:15:39 PM »
We are s l o w l y getting somewhere.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2021, 05:17:23 PM »
I thought CMK had a good game. Started very picky but loosened up after 10 mins.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2021, 05:23:58 PM »
I thought CMK had a good game. Started very picky but loosened up after 10 mins.

Think he has come good.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2021, 05:24:56 PM »
Ali Crossdale had a good game. Very sound in the air. IMO. a definite improvement over Watson.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 05:31:51 PM by Rossm »
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2021, 05:30:26 PM »
Ali Crossdale had a good game. Very sound in the air. IMO. an definite improvement over Watson.

Agreed

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2021, 05:35:47 PM »
Ali Crossdale had a good game. Very sound in the air. IMO. an definite improvement over Watson.

Agreed

+1

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2021, 05:36:17 PM »

Agreed

Agreed, thought Mehson looked pretty good too. Wonder if its a toss up between keeping Minozzi or Watson next season - Miller can go on a little longer yet and Atkinson will surely get some more time at 15 if need be as he learns the game.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2021, 05:43:30 PM »
Brad was immense, as always, and when the match scores come out I'll be surprised if he's anything less than 9.

Josh deserves a mention, he doesn't look like a 13, but he didn't let the side down and had some good plays. I know Hougaard has played wing before but he's another one who didn't let the side down by being out of position.

Another +1 for Crossdale, its not just his individual contribution he must give the side confidence.

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2021, 05:47:02 PM »
Crossdale is our future at 15 no doubt. However having a trio of him Watson and Minozzi (when all fit) works very well.
We desperately need to get all our midfield players back though. Jimmy is class, but Booj is not a first choice long term answer. If Malaki is off we need a replacement come next season.

For me though it is the development of the key leadership group hat is impressing me. We are developing a core of players both in the forwards and the backs to build the whole team around. The potential is huge...we just need to realise it and have some luck as well!

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2021, 05:50:01 PM »
Alfie, like Jack and Tom Willis, oozes leadership. It is more difficult to get leaders in the backs.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2021, 05:56:58 PM »
Crossdale is our future at 15 no doubt. However having a trio of him Watson and Minozzi (when all fit) works very well.
We desperately need to get all our midfield players back though. Jimmy is class, but Booj is not a first choice long term answer. If Malaki is off we need a replacement come next season.

For me though it is the development of the key leadership group hat is impressing me. We are developing a core of players both in the forwards and the backs to build the whole team around. The potential is huge...we just need to realise it and have some luck as well!

Well, Wombles we do have Ryan Mills and Paolo out injured at the moment.

I never like to speak ill of a Wasps' player, but Marcus still looks like a sevens player trying to adapt to 15s.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2021, 06:27:59 PM »

Well, Wombles we do have Ryan Mills and Paolo out injured at the moment.

I never like to speak ill of a Wasps' player, but Marcus still looks like a sevens player trying to adapt to 15s.

Miller when fit should be ahead of Watson at Full Back.

I have no problem of Watson competing with Kibirige for a starting place on the right wing though.

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2021, 06:54:35 PM »
I’ve been very critical of Jacob after recent matches and he owed us a match and today he delivered, it was just a shame he spoilt his day with the red card. Not one player played badly today and that was the difference they did the basics well and took their chances.