Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Sara Cox - interesting article  (Read 1091 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Let me tell you something cucumber

Heathen

• View Profile
Re: Sara Cox - interesting article
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 10:44:23 PM »
I would much prefer her to be reffing a lot more of our games, than some of the present incumbents. I remember when she did a Prem Cup game at the Ricoh. Everyone I spoke to during and afterwards was highly impressed with her performance.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 10:48:39 PM »
Interesting article. Part of it made me wonder what changing arrangements are in place at the CBS , especially if we are wanting more double headers- or is there extra due to Cov FC ?

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 06:18:31 AM »
Interesting article, thanks for the link.

I've been impressed by her and like many on here have called for her to be given more games.

This is telling:

"Some, though, have been supportive, notably the England prop Joe Marler who promised the scrums in the Quins v Worcester game would not descend into chaos. Sure enough, there were no issues and Cox came away with memories she will forever cherish. "

So now we know that packs could end the endless collapsing and give us a better match if they wanted.

Marlow Nick

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 07:07:37 AM »
It does seem indefensible that Sara isn't getting more matches to ref when male refs with less obvious talent get multiple development opportunities.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2022, 08:32:40 AM »
Interesting article. Part of it made me wonder what changing arrangements are in place at the CBS , especially if we are wanting more double headers- or is there extra due to Cov FC ?

Think in most grounds like she mentions proximity of her changing facilities to the other officials and teams is the issue, CBSA would be able to potentially provide hotel facilities which would be great but probably not as close as an official wants to be to be able to go back and forwards easily prematch.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2022, 08:44:23 AM »
I understood that the CBSA had three changing rooms - think I read that when we held the 7s .
Let me tell you something cucumber

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2022, 09:04:39 AM »
Well, what on earth do they do when they have sevens tournaments, at any ground? It cannot be beyond the whit of man (or woman) to come up with a plan to utlilise other rooms?

Marlow Nick

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2022, 09:14:54 AM »
I understood that the CBSA had three changing rooms - think I read that when we held the 7s .

As I understand it there are 3 team changing rooms PLUS changing rooms for officials so hopefully plenty of options

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2022, 03:00:12 PM »
i

As I understand it there are 3 team changing rooms PLUS changing rooms for officials so hopefully plenty of options

Could be right . Seem to recall that (just) one of the upsets when we moved to Cov we took over the main changing room and stopped CCFC using it ? presume another must have been built to accommodate them or away side.

Trying to remember if women’s rugby teams come out from tunnel in south stand for warm up when double header played.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2022, 03:12:03 PM »
Interesting article, thanks for the link.

I've been impressed by her and like many on here have called for her to be given more games.

This is telling:

"Some, though, have been supportive, notably the England prop Joe Marler who promised the scrums in the Quins v Worcester game would not descend into chaos. Sure enough, there were no issues and Cox came away with memories she will forever cherish. "

So now we know that packs could end the endless collapsing and give us a better match if they wanted.

TBF , I thought same, but then maybe it was to do with confrontation/ handbags/ over celebration when a scrum collapse/penalty has occurred.