Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Sale Away  (Read 1581 times)

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Sale Away
« on: December 30, 2021, 01:20:49 AM »
My son wants to go to every ground in the premiership so we are taking a trip to Sale on Saturday to tick that one off the list. Any advice on where to park and nearby watering holes would be appreciated.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Sale Away
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 05:09:22 AM »
I would, but I've just sold my boat.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2021, 08:37:40 AM »
Hi covkid,
Great idea.
Try the sale sharks fan messageboard - view from the 22. They are a friendly lot.
Regards.
Steve.

chris1850

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2021, 11:21:55 AM »

Trafford Centre or Makro. Shuttle buses run to and from the ground pre and post match. Makro is £8 to park, bus is free. Trafford Centre is free to park but £1 for bus. Note however that BOTH have to be booked in advance. Both very efficient services.

If using Makro, leave M6 at J21 and take A57 towards Irlam. If using Trafford Centre, take exit 10 and park in the area adjacent to the BP Petrol station. Alternatively it is about a 20min walk from the Trafford Centre across the new bridge.

[salesharksparking.co.uk]

Laterontoday

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2021, 01:11:20 PM »
I'm going on Saturday, all being well,  and will park at the Trafford centre and get the shuttle bus.  You have to pre book the bus via Sale Website at £1 per person, you cant pay on the day.  Usually lots of busses although you do sometimes have to queue for a while at the end of the game to get back.  Park for free at the Trafford Centre.  Bus goes from the TC bus station

There is or was some parking close to the ground on private land but again availability is a bit unknown.  Have a look at the Sale website

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2021, 05:38:53 PM »

Trafford Centre or Makro. Shuttle buses run to and from the ground pre and post match. Makro is £8 to park, bus is free. Trafford Centre is free to park but £1 for bus. Note however that BOTH have to be booked in advance. Both very efficient services.

If using Makro, leave M6 at J21 and take A57 towards Irlam. If using Trafford Centre, take exit 10 and park in the area adjacent to the BP Petrol station. Alternatively it is about a 20min walk from the Trafford Centre across the new bridge.

Nice to see Sale fans registered here. Missed you guys not being on Sports Network any more. Always enjoyed away trips generally, but Sale is one I thought the reception was really warm and friendly.
Any predictions for the match on your side things?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 05:41:25 PM by westwaleswasp »

chris1850

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2021, 09:15:15 PM »

Nice to see Sale fans registered here. Missed you guys not being on Sports Network any more. Always enjoyed away trips generally, but Sale is one I thought the reception was really warm and friendly.
Any predictions for the match on your side things?

Thanks for the welcome WWW.

As far as Saturdays match is concerned,  it is almost impossible to know how it might go. We have no  idea who might be available after the Covid issue, or even if the game can go ahead. Like you, I think, we've not been firing on all cylinders so far this season so predicting games becomes a lottery. At  least we now have players back from international breaks so we should be able to field more of our first choice starters. If we can start Quirke, Maginty, van Rensburg, 2 x Curries, 2 x du Preez and de Jaeger then I will be more optimistic. Its the other 7 that need some thought!

Whatever happens, safe journey to all travelling and welcome to the AJ Bell

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2021, 09:54:51 PM »
Be nice to see Si Mc get a game.

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2022, 12:52:14 PM »
Well we’ve arrived at the Trafford centre, shuttle bus was sold out so thought we would walk but my phone is saying 47mins to walk?

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2022, 01:37:03 PM »
Every time I see this thread title I think of Deep Purple's Sail Away.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2022, 01:48:41 PM »
I did have that album, but didn't much like it, and that song was not so good (I used to think). I am more likely to think of Orinoco Flow from Enya (which many people remember for the 'Sail Away' lyrics).

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2022, 02:14:42 PM »
I did have that album, but didn't much like it, and that song was not so good (I used to think). I am more likely to think of Orinoco Flow from Enya (which many people remember for the 'Sail Away' lyrics).

Burn was a good album, weird blend of Funk/Soul with Classical gave a really unique feel. Mistreated being the standout.