Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps v Tigers: Post Match Thoughts  (Read 7780 times)

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps v Tigers: Post Match Thoughts
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2022, 09:07:47 PM »
Go and watch some of his highlights reels. Charlie says he has been studying him, and Richie does indeed go one handed quite a bit. The problem for the defender is it makes them think you are going to offload, so you try to smother tackle, which actually causes you to miss the tackle. When Richie thinks/decides he needs to chip ahead, he carries the ball well in front of him in both hands. It means he can drop it and chip much faster.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2022, 09:15:46 PM »
I think a bit of praise should go to Nearachou (or however you spell it) while it is obvious he isn’t yet ready for premiership scrummaging but time and again he put himself in there and didn’t give up or surrender especially that set of scrums at the end where we kept getting pinged and tigers kept going back for another scrum. There was lots of encouragement from senior players and he didn’t shrink he went back for more and eventually stood his ground, well done young man. That will do his confidence the power of good

Agreed. It was noticeable when we won the penalty just how exhausted he was, yet he was still keeping up with play.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2022, 09:19:52 PM »
Just watching those late scrums and Frosty stoking up Zac constantly- amazing.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2022, 09:22:15 PM »
Big win. There were some work on’s. Our kicking from hand was terrible and without being unkind we need more depth at LH. Right, that’s that over with. What a fantastic win. Stand outs for me were Shields, Stooke, Barbeary and Willis. We upped the intensity second half helped by a good atmosphere up there today. Alo is developing his game well and one tackle in the final 5 was superb. There were some mystifying ref calls in the first 40. I still don’t know without watching it back how Foley awarded a try under our posts - it wasn’t grounded was it. Then we have Genge. A yob. A thug. Someone the game doesn’t need or want. If we hadn’t won the fact he remained on the pitch would have been galling. But we did and I hope the Tigers fans who cheered him are happy with themselves. Massive boost for us - I thought we might sneak it - and it might be the springboard we need.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2022, 09:47:59 PM »
Go and watch some of his highlights reels. Charlie says he has been studying him, and Richie does indeed go one handed quite a bit. The problem for the defender is it makes them think you are going to offload, so you try to smother tackle, which actually causes you to miss the tackle. When Richie thinks/decides he needs to chip ahead, he carries the ball well in front of him in both hands. It means he can drop it and chip much faster.

Interesting to know.

welsh wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2022, 09:52:16 PM »
According to one of the Tigers' posters, she managed to read Hougard's lips (!!) and he said something very naughty to Genge. That's why his hand happened to land on Hougard's face.
I agree with an earlier poster about Nearachou. He had a terrible task when he was first chosen as sub but he really did put in a great shift today.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2022, 09:54:21 PM »
"Please Sir, the nasty person slapped me on the back of the head"
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2022, 10:06:03 PM »
According to one of the Tigers' posters, she managed to read Hougard's lips (!!) and he said something very naughty to Genge. That's why his hand happened to land on Hougard's face.

Probably best Genge hasn't ended up playing the military teams I used to prop against.......Their "modus operandi" involved a lot of "chat" and niggle.......always a fun afternoon!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2022, 10:17:49 PM »
Genge is an average prop. Alongside that he’s just a wannabe yob, a posturer and a wind up merchant. I’ve never believed the hype around him. Tigers fans are actually seeking to excuse him as Hougaard “said something to him”. Pathetic.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2022, 10:22:42 PM »
According to our Beloved Announcer 'Genge' is pronounced  'Gen - jee'  (that had us rolling in  the aisles),  and  'Barbeary'  as 'Bar - bee - ree'. There was another but I've forgotten it.  Brad was MoM  for us, closely followed by everyone else.  Zak did well and Will Porter has speeded up a lot.  Soo glad we didn't miss that match.  Thank you Wasps.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2022, 10:23:10 PM »
From the stands it looked as if Genge was being wound up by a few Wasps players - and he took the bait.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2022, 10:23:19 PM »
Genge is an average prop. Alongside that he’s just a wannabe yob, a posturer and a wind up merchant. I’ve never believed the hype around him. Tigers fans are actually seeking to excuse him as Hougaard “said something to him”. Pathetic.
This.

And everything I’ve been seeing has a whiff of Hougaard is a Saffa and therefore must be racist.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2022, 10:30:04 PM »
If Genge was all sweet innocence  how come his hand can  be clearly seen approaching Hougaard's  face close to FH 's eye with thumb and forefinger  held like pincers, which then contact with FH's face?  Or am I imagining it.  I don't think so         

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2022, 10:36:10 PM »
How Foley didn't show Genge red, I do not know.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1480209182569771015

I expect there will be a citing.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2022, 10:37:23 PM »
Has any explanation been given for the late Fifita and West changes - my heart sunk when I saw they weren’t starting.

I assume Fifita’s absence had something to do with yesterday’s news - as an aside it’s highly unusual to see transfer news released on a Saturday night isn’t it?