Always a Wasp

Author Topic: A big IF  (Read 1965 times)

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
A big IF
« on: April 15, 2018, 07:58:13 AM »
Enjoying Wasps scoring a bonus point win. So with the way other results have gone so far, third place looks back in the players hands. Whilst I hope Bath bounce back today and makes second tantalisingly close, we'd still need other results to go our way.

So IF we came third and Sarries second would Sarries have the game at Allianz, or is there any hope that they would choose an alternative?

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: A big IF
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 08:24:04 AM »
I think that the agreement to play at the Allianz limits the number of games, so they have to switch to one of the bigger London venues, or elsewhere. If you recall (and I went to that match), the last time this happened it was played at the Madejski Stadium in Reading - but we lost  :(. They would likely switch anyway as it would bring more revenue and please BT with the bigger, more active and exciting crowd.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: A big IF
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 01:28:53 PM »
Yep, was the Madejski the home country advantage stadium that time? Quite well placed for Wasps Supporters. I don't think Sarries quite have the form they had then, and in that respect they seem more beatable, but then Wasps don't seem to have the consistent form either. The team has been too disrupted by key injuries this year.