Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Bobby's Ratings.  (Read 3049 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Bobby's Ratings.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 11:09:32 AM »
Spot on. Back row, Hougaard and Stooke the standouts.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 11:21:54 AM »
Not far off. I would add plaudits to Hislop who was very obviously injured at about 5 minutes but soldiered on for about an hour. Yes giving penalties away in the scrum but tackling wholeheartedly whilst wearing down the time until he had to give way to young Zac.
Brad's face at full time on the telly will stay in the mind for a very long time. Bandaged, blood dripping and smiling whilst still on the ground.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2022, 12:13:58 PM »
The headline images shows Hougaard pulling up with his hammy, which is a worry.

Some of those are quite generous, and I think the fatc we actually won a game has glossed over how poor we were for large parts of it. I would have given Crossdale a 5.5, he made a lot of mistakes. Atkinson probably a 6. Barbeary was good in flashes but quiet for periods.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2022, 12:27:28 PM »
I really hope Alfie is not picked for the 6 nations as I’m pretty sure it will be 7 weeks of no rugby

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2022, 12:59:40 PM »
Agree that some of these are quite generous, especially after the first half performance.

Alfie should get a rest next week, he still needs looking after. Shields has played a lot and Tom Willis looked like he took a knock to his arm. Nemo and Young to come in I think. Sure everyone will want to play Toulouse but we might have to rotate.

Beasties

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2022, 06:47:44 AM »
Yeah, marks a bit too high generally. Bobby seems to have swallowed the commentators’ absolutely comical scrum ideas hook line and sinker. JTA didn’t "keep Genge quiet" at all. All the problems were on his side, not Hislop’s side, not that you’d have known that from Healey’s expert analysis. Or Kay, who should know better. Alo stabilised things to a degree as expected once he came on but problems swapped round once Nearchou came on.

Hougard was deserving of his 9, superb game.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2022, 07:05:41 AM »
Yeah, marks a bit too high generally. Bobby seems to have swallowed the commentators’ absolutely comical scrum ideas hook line and sinker. JTA didn’t "keep Genge quiet" at all. All the problems were on his side, not Hislop’s side, not that you’d have known that from Healey’s expert analysis. Or Kay, who should know better. Alo stabilised things to a degree as expected once he came on but problems swapped round once Nearchou came on.

On the reflink apart from the first scrum penalty fir losing his bind which was against JTA every other scrum penalty while he was on was against Hislop for angling out, at least 3, clearly communicated on reflink.

Alo indeed helped stabilise it but unfortunately not the first time Hislop has given multiple scrum penalties away in a game, hopefully he will sort it as his round pitch defence and carrying is very important to us.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 07:10:40 AM by Chunky24 »

Beasties

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2022, 08:18:44 AM »

On the reflink apart from the first scrum penalty fir losing his bind which was against JTA every other scrum penalty while he was on was against Hislop for angling out, at least 3, clearly communicated on reflink.

Alo indeed helped stabilise it but unfortunately not the first time Hislop has given multiple scrum penalties away in a game, hopefully he will sort it as his round pitch defence and carrying is very important to us.
Did you watch the scrums rather than just assuming the ref knew what was going on? All Hislop did was stand his ground, granted there were a couple of collapses. When your own TH is getting repeatedly shoved back and round there’s sweet FA you can do about that as a LH. About 50% of scrum pens are given wrongly. It is what it is.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2022, 08:21:06 AM »

Hislop was quite badly hurt after 5 minutes and stayed on. Yes penalties at scrum time but tackled well and kept Zac from Tigers for about 60 minutes when after his third bout of treatment he had to go off. I hope he gets a good few weeks off now but I doubt it.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2022, 10:07:35 AM »
I know nothing about scrummaging but I can see Hislop regularly putting in a hell of a shift around the park.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2022, 10:19:48 AM »
For Me Tigers made a big mistake in going for scrum after scrum when they could have had a line out. Getting a yellow card form repeated catch & drive penalties, or a penalty try,  would be much more likely than from scrums at that point in the match.
Wasted about 10 minutes as well.

Not sure who was Captain when Genge got subbed but must of been a forward!

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2022, 10:25:34 AM »

Did you watch the scrums rather than just assuming the ref knew what was going on? All Hislop did was stand his ground, granted there were a couple of collapses. When your own TH is getting repeatedly shoved back and round there’s sweet FA you can do about that as a LH. About 50% of scrum pens are given wrongly. It is what it is.

With over 30 years of playing across the front row, coaching and as a qualified referee it is probably my favourite part of the game to watch from all those perspectives.

As a front rower when penalised i was never to blame so 100% of decisions wrong there and as a referee I was never wrong so 100% of decisions right there, based on an individual interpretation it is what it is.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2022, 07:53:06 PM »
I was watching the scrums live and on TV later. One thing that I think Foley got wrong in the first half was that the first few I didn’t think were penalties against us at all. There’s nothing sinister in it but when a ref turns up and sees Cole and Genge propping against Hislop and JTA I really do believe some of the decisions are not quite pre-determined but are heavily subconsciously influenced.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2022, 08:56:21 PM »
I was watching the scrums live and on TV later. One thing that I think Foley got wrong in the first half was that the first few I didn’t think were penalties against us at all. There’s nothing sinister in it but when a ref turns up and sees Cole and Genge propping against Hislop and JTA I really do believe some of the decisions are not quite pre-determined but are heavily subconsciously influenced.

As I posted in another thread, I really couldn't fathom some of Foley's scrum penalties at all.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!