Always a Wasp

Author Topic: 14324  (Read 1231 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« on: January 10, 2022, 09:42:03 AM »
Attendance and all paying if Wasps are to be believed. Good crowd. Loud crowd.
Let me tell you something cucumber

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: 14324
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 09:59:57 AM »
Felt less.  A lot of Tigers fans there (unsurprisingly).  But a good number of tickets sold that’s for sure.

Getting slightly sidetracked, but a lot of comments from the Sky Blues fans on the other board and on their own seems to be around the premise of ‘got no fans’. 

They’re averaging 20k a game or so this season (a decent number for sure), but at the same time they’ve commented about how expensive tickets for the rugby are vs the football.

Be interesting to know the economics of ticket sales; as an 8000-9000 gate for us might not be far off the same income from ticket sales as a 20000 gate for CCFC.  As a Club, I wonder what we're aiming for in terms of realistic ticket sales per game for our budgeting.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 10:06:47 AM »
We might have fewer fans than them, but we have way more stadiums...
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2022, 10:08:45 AM »

Fantastic atmosphere too.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2022, 10:14:15 AM »

Fantastic atmosphere too.

It was a very organic atmosphere (if that makes sense).  It wasn’t just that it was Leicester, or they made up 40-50% of the crowd.  It was down to just how tense and at times brutal the game was.  A proper derby in the end.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2022, 11:00:24 AM »
We might have fewer fans than them, but we have way more stadiums...
  :). And more fans this week. Just under 9k for the football. I thought it was a great atmosphere yesterday which I think genuinely helped us second half. It’s another reason why the Genge yellow was so utterly stupid - it lit some sort of touch paper.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2022, 04:31:20 PM »
Felt less.  A lot of Tigers fans there (unsurprisingly).  But a good number of tickets sold that’s for sure.

Getting slightly sidetracked, but a lot of comments from the Sky Blues fans on the other board and on their own seems to be around the premise of ‘got no fans’. 

They’re averaging 20k a game or so this season (a decent number for sure), but at the same time they’ve commented about how expensive tickets for the rugby are vs the football.

Be interesting to know the economics of ticket sales; as an 8000-9000 gate for us might not be far off the same income from ticket sales as a 20000 gate for CCFC.  As a Club, I wonder what we're aiming for in terms of realistic ticket sales per game for our budgeting.

Good point, hadn’t realised difference in price . Ccfc highest ticket is only £30 going down to £0 for under 16s who are members in some areas. Presume with a paying adult? Half season ticket top price is £200 for 11 games  . Assume full ST £360?

Wasps highest ticket price for cheats game is £50 down to £2 for toddlers (£60 for Toulouse game) no mention of half season ticket .

So a back of the fag packet average ticket £15 each  for Ccfc ( must be quite a few  season ticket holders , average £15 per game  and any paying top price offset by free kids)

Can easily see our average ticket cost being £30 , so agree , gate money could easily be same for a crowd half the size.

But remember football play more games so would have  more overall turnover. But equally would have extra match day staff costs.

More bodies could mean more  F&D sales. Though I recall figures showing rugby supporters generally spend more per head at stadiums than football supporters by quite a substantial amount.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2022, 04:35:13 PM »
Which cheats game - yesterday's or the one at the end of the month??
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2022, 04:40:33 PM »
More bodies could mean more  F&D sales. Though I recall figures showing rugby supporters generally spend more per head at stadiums than football supporters by quite a substantial amount.

I remember going to a Wasps' fans forum at Loftus Road and we were told that there was more drinks sold at one Wasps' game than the take at QPR's entire season. Don't know about food though.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2022, 04:42:20 PM »
Which cheats game - yesterday's or the one at the end of the month??

I was looking at prices for e.o.m. 😝