Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Congratulations Wasps!  (Read 1726 times)

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Congratulations Wasps!
« on: May 01, 2018, 09:52:11 PM »
Evening all, hope you are all well. At a time when we should all be enjoying Wasps getting to the semi-finals there seems to be a bit of tension building in the other place. It is starting to get a bit personal so I just wanted to thank everyone that contributes to these forums, I find many posts insightful and they have helped me get so much more enjoyment out of the the games.

In a season where luck and the rub of the green has been against us the Wasps players have stepped up to the challenge and battled through to the semi-finals. They should all be proud of their acheivement. I hope they are able to enjoy the next couple of games, play freely and trust their own and each other's skills. I for one am happy to see them play close to the line and accept the risks that will bring, if they are to win I believe it will be that way.

Enjoy the next couple of games, take care,

'Notso'

Dgwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Congratulations Wasps!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 07:39:08 AM »
Well said. After round 5 it was difficult to predict what would happen this season. However, Dai has managed his threadbare squad to get us into the play offs. I'd say we are underdogs based on form and league position but frankly I don't mind that.

We all aspire for greater things with Wasps, but so do all the other teams in the league who are all spending a lot of money. Add to that our fortunes this year I don't think on balance we've left a lot of points out there.

I suppose the lows have been the Bath and Quins home games and possibly Sale away game.  However we have put in some fine performances against Exeter at home, Bath away and Quins away.

We've (potentially) got three games to play this season; the squad is as strong as it has been all season and on our day we can front up to anyone.

I'm just hoping that Cips and Hask will be desperate to leave on a high and the squad can do it not only for themselves but for Sam.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk