• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Biyi
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 08:21:29 PM »
It was a great tackle. He’s a real improver all round.

Rugbyintheblood

• Wasps Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 09:00:06 PM »
Yes amazing performance!

I think he made a huge difference to the scrum. When they were camped on our line he found something extra which forced them to pull the ball out and run it.

Re the tackle, well what can I say? For me, it was one of the key moments of the game. Sensational timing and technique Biyi, well done.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2022, 09:10:23 PM »
You can see a significant difference in his physique from the last season or two.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2022, 09:15:51 PM »
Absolutely superb tackle. I jumped up in my seat watching it. I thought they'd cracked us and their try was certain and I think they thought so too. Wonderful moment.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2022, 09:38:48 PM »
I've written somewhere how impressively he has improved over the three years he's been with us.  The talent was always there, but losing weight from 22  stone to 18 st 7ish lb  and gaining a 6-pack has done him  good service.  To lose that much so quickly is terribly difficult and it has paid off big time.  Congratulations Biyi.   (And the Useless Announcer can't pronounce  'Biyi'  properly.)

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2022, 09:45:23 PM »
Wonkywasp, I think his attitude has always been good. He just needed the technique and the stamina. He has always been very powerful.

I will forgive his musical efforts after a performance like that!

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2022, 09:59:20 PM »
Wot you said, Backdoc, ....  so much better than I could put it.  I agree about the music too!

will311293

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2022, 09:00:23 AM »
TBF i actually rather like some of his songs... particularly those songs that are a little slower and relaxed.

I think he's a little bit of an unsung hero in the club atm, his performances have been fantastic and that tackle summarises that. The moment he realised we were outnumbered and took charge, got across and made a terrific tackle to shut Tigers out, especially as he seemed to find energy out of nowhere.

Beasties

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2022, 05:56:00 PM »
I've written somewhere how impressively he has improved over the three years he's been with us.  The talent was always there, but losing weight from 22  stone to 18 st 7ish lb  and gaining a 6-pack has done him  good service.  To lose that much so quickly is terribly difficult and it has paid off big time.  Congratulations Biyi.   (And the Useless Announcer can't pronounce  'Biyi'  properly.)
How is it pronounced?

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2022, 07:51:04 PM »
Beasties ... It's  quite simple!  B. Y .  How on earth can  anybody get that wrong,  Someone who had shared accommodation with  him  said it correctly.  Bee. Why.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2022, 08:45:29 PM »
Beasties ... It's  quite simple!  B. Y .  How on earth can  anybody get that wrong,  Someone who had shared accommodation with  him  said it correctly.  Bee. Why.

God, I've been saying (thinking) Biyi wrong all the time🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2022, 08:47:18 PM »

Every day’s a school day !  I thought it was bee yee . Sure that’s how BT was saying it.

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2022, 08:51:37 PM »
If the end of season awards included most improved he’d certainly be in with a shout.

Beasties

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2022, 09:15:03 PM »
Says the person who actually knows. Apologies for not being one of those. I doubt I’m alone though seeing how it’s spelt.