Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Injury announcement  (Read 1864 times)

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Injury announcement
« on: May 31, 2018, 04:42:11 PM »
From Wasps web site;
Marcus Garratt: Recovering from a knee operation which is expected to sideline him for between six and nine months.

Simon McIntyre: Recovering from a foot operation and is unlikely to be fit until October.

Rob Miller: Expected to be fit to start the season.

Matt Mullan: Has undergone knee surgery and will be out between six and nine months.

Alex Rieder: Recovering from knee surgery which is expected to keep him out of action into 2019.

Tommy Taylor: Expected to be fit to start the season.

Marcus Watson: Expected to be fit to start the season.

Jack Willis: Recovering from knee and ankle operations which are expected to keep him out for between nine and 12 months.

Thomas Young: Undergoing an ankle operation – expected to be fit for the new season.

Well that announcement has put a dent in my positivity for next year. Matt and Simon was a surprise, we often hear that Dai gets into the scrum during training, perhaps he will put himself on the bench next season! Front row and back row suddenly look worrying, especially throwing potential international duty into the mix. Really hope we balance the luck with the new championship guys and the emerging academy being very good.

Alex and Jack scare me the most, really hope they can come back from the injuries.

Unlike some I think the South Africa tour could be good for Nathan if he can stay injury free, he seems to get better with game time.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 04:45:56 PM by Brandnewtorugby »

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Injury announcement
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 04:47:23 PM »
And then, what about Ashley? And I doubt that TT will be back so quickly. He has tried a couple of times already, but each time had to go off, or has delayed his comeback.

With the ones already out, our forwards are going to get pushed and bullied all over the place.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 06:20:31 PM »
I think Alex and Jack have the potential to be either longer or god forbid permanent. I was surprised by Matt as I thought he was just back after an injury.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 07:43:36 AM »
Matt may have been on the bench due to this known injury. Could be he's carried it for a while, requiring surgery to fully resolve it.