Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 1114 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning All
« on: January 23, 2022, 07:06:19 AM »
Morning All

I should have been waking up in Limerick ready to give the team some support but now they will face a near capacity non Wasp crowd. Hope that spurs them onwards.

Kind of hopeful of at least a point after the last two weekends but as we have not yet had a game covided and points handed to us a high seeding in the Challenge Cup might have to do.

Hope the weather is kind to them.

COYW
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2022, 07:34:06 AM »
Top of the morning to you all. Needing a point away at Thomond to get into the Euro quarter finals, who'd have thunk it just a few weeks ago? If we hadn't have been Poited at the CBS then we might have been already there.

Go out and give it a lash boys and enjoy yourselves. Come safe home.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2022, 07:50:23 AM »
Morning Neils, Ross and all Waspies from a quiet Guildford. It’s a Sunday so the routine of rugby paper, coffee and dog walk is just starting, before popping a casserole in the old slow cooker and getting ready to watch our boys take on Munster.

Fun is the keyword for me today, results so far mean we need at least a point to progress, and not have the score against ledger to heavily dented. At worst we will be in the challenge cup so a round of 16 tie awaits us no-matter what.

Munster are quality, and we have history with them. I remember the 2004 semi final in what could arguably be considered the greatest Heineken cup game to ever of been played. To describe it as dramatic does the quality we saw that day no justice. Lol leading the boys to a famous win with big Trev rumbling over to score. Manna from heaven indeed. Yes the final was something to cherish, and Howleys never say die attitude will live long in the memory, but for me that semi final had it it all.

Today, well the scales are heavily in favour of the home team. A strong line up from them coming up against a injury hit us. Thankfully players are returning, but today we will miss the beef of Alfie and Tom. Shields has been immense throughout this period, and is like the energiser bunny. Yes I cannot wait for Launchers to return, but I think we are now looking at two captains in our future rather than one, and that places us in such a good position.

Whatever the result today, let’s just enjoy the occasion. For me there is no pressure, no demons to battle, no immortal beast to overcome. Our boys need to take to the field, play their game and feed off the Irish crowd. Do that and the result will take care of itself. I thought going into this block of 5 games with Tigers, Toulouse, Munster, Saracens and Exeter we would go0 from 5. Currently we are 2 from 2. It shows two things.

1: sport is wonderfully unpredictable, and every game we witness is like standing behind the author, watching them write their prose     Where even they do not know where the story will lead.

2: After loving, playing, coaching and supporting this sport since I was a kid in the 80s…I still have no idea what will happen.

Come on you Wasps!

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp!

Rugby by birth. Wasps by the grace of God.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2022, 08:28:05 AM »
Misty and cold here   I'm very happy not to have to take  a 4-footed friend out for a walk; just the birds to feed.  If the squad can retain the grit, determination and sheer bloody-mindedness of the last two games they have a really good chance and I hope (for their sakes) that they get that chance.  Good luck boys - it's so good to see so many are back and (hopefully) fighting fit.  Go get 'em Wasps  but stay safe, and enjoy the game.  Safe journeys to you all..   Allez  Allez Allez   ......C O Y W ..................................................

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2022, 08:41:47 AM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours. Shortly doing the dog walk, coffee and paper routine that was shamelessly stolen from Wombles. Hard to think of a better way to start a game day.

...and what a game day! Really looking forward to seeing some players return, once again I plan to just enjoy this game as a match up between two great teams.

Here's to a great game. Come on You Wasps!

Notso

Rugbyintheblood

• Wasps Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2022, 08:47:12 AM »
Morning All

I should have been waking up in Limerick ready to give the team some support but now they will face a near capacity non Wasp crowd. Hope that spurs them onwards.

Kind of hopeful of at least a point after the last two weekends but as we have not yet had a game covided and points handed to us a high seeding in the Challenge Cup might have to do.

Hope the weather is kind to them.

COYW

Yes the local Covid restrictions forced the cancellation of my planned trip too.

At this stage, a win is probably too much to hope for but I’m looking forward to getting back to ‘normal life’ (???) in 2023 and supporting the guys in Europe. Allez Allez Allez 🐝

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2022, 08:54:14 AM »
Morning all - cold and still in S Glos, No frost today. Tea in hand and dog looking at me, hoping I don't want to go out yet.

Looking forwards to seeing the boys (on TV) and I'd be delighted with that point, but probably more happy with no casualties and with our centres looking good!

Have a good day all

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2022, 08:54:28 AM »
Morning All. Been up ages and just waking up. Looks like a good day for rugger.

FishingWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2022, 09:03:48 AM »
Morning all from a grey mid Wales.
Hoping to get a point out of today's game, which should be enough to stay in the senior Cup. At least we then get a home game as the first knockout round is two legged affair.
In contrast if we drop down we get an away game, as do all of the "drop downers" (wonder what will happen to STH's who's ticket covers 3 European games).
Heart recalling 2004, head expecting little from today's game.
So let the heart win!!!!
COYW

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2022, 11:05:38 AM »
Good morning all,
Butterflies in my stomach have woken early. Really looking forward to this one.
I think a full squad would run Munster very close but Alfie, Tom and Jacob absences  - and the Thomond Park factor - give advantage to the home team.
I hope we throw the kitchen sink at this one. Nothing to lose.
COYW.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2022, 11:26:16 AM »
Late morning all , just getting things sorted so I can sit down and watch match in peace.

Have tried to persuade other half that today should be treated as if I’m in Limerick but unfortunately hasn’t worked. Hoping that our small run of fortune continues, albeit with just a LBP. Wearing same wasps T-shirt and top as last 2 weekends, hope it works.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2022, 12:33:43 PM »
Morning all. I’m thinking we go high risk and try and get a 4 try BP. The small circumstances just conspire against us on a regular basis. They will have a big crowd now.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2022, 12:51:40 PM »
Morning all. I’m thinking we go high risk and try and get a 4 try BP. The small circumstances just conspire against us on a regular basis. They will have a big crowd now.

As a matter of interest, do Munster actually have anything at stake here?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2022, 01:12:03 PM »

As a matter of interest, do Munster actually have anything at stake here?

Morning all

It depends on Connacht, If they get a bonus point victory then Munster will drop to 5th place. Otherwise it depends if Munster want to finish 3 or 4, which really doesn’t make much difference unless it’s important who they would like to play next. If Munster finish 3 then it’s likely They will pay Exeter which will be a very difficult match for them, can’t see them beating Exeter. Or play clermont who aren’t that difficult. Looks like Connacht starting well against stade.

Personally I would like a draw today and finish 7th so we play Ulster, which is a game I can go to

Pompeyman

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2022, 01:29:39 PM »
Morning...well afternoon actually from a grey west Sussex. Looking forward to the game, not overly fussed about the result, but obvs a win would be nice. Just want another positive display, no injuries and the returning players getting game time. Just have a feeling this might be beyond us, but thought that over the last 2 weeks so..what do I know !! Enjoy everyone and COYW