Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Good morning all.  (Read 943 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Good morning all.
« on: January 30, 2022, 07:18:13 AM »
Lovely dawn in Hastings. Chilly but c!ear. Looking forward to seeing how Fifita goes at 6 today. I hope, missing Tom W, YY and Alfie, that our back row can manage. I'm usually optimistic but I must admit to be worried today. Good luck all.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Good morning all.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2022, 07:40:52 AM »
Morning Ross & all.

Aren't the mornings getting lighter. Total blue sky here and very still. No wind whatsoever - I am sure the windmill thingy on my dog walk will not be generating just now!

You kind of look who we are bringng back and think things are getting better but then you look at the opposition and your doubts rise. If we are to beat anyone it has to be the EAs - let's take last weekend as a sad blip in 2022.

Here's hoping the roads are clear (I hate Sunday journeys home with the increased traffic) and safe travels however you get to the CBSA.

COYW
Let me tell you something cucumber

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2022, 07:48:31 AM »
Morning all, but of a crisp one out there at the moment . Not expecting much from today but always living in hope!

Hopefully return of Launchers will give the team just that added boost/ confidence.

Safe travels all.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2022, 08:19:30 AM »
Morning all. Chilly and bright here.

Hoping for the W today!

Safe travels to all going to the game.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2022, 08:39:06 AM »
Good morning to you all. Cold, clear still and bright here, and the field next to us is completely white with frost but the  mountain is green and brown in full sunshine. The longer, light evenings now are a god-send for drivers going home after the match.  Not too sure if the match will be bright and shiny for us today but  one can hope'  If there is grit and determination then a W is possible, tho' as you say above the strength of the returnees is equalled by the loss of those still injured.   But .................  Welcome back JOE!!        Please, Rugby Gods  -  no more injuries to Wasps.  Safe journeys to everyone.   Allez x 3.   C O Y W ....................

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2022, 08:50:03 AM »
Morning all,
Clear blue sky in Coventry until 2.00pm is the forecast.
Despite Saracens international call ups they are still very strong. Without Alfie and/or the Willis brothers I’m not sure w3 have enough fire power up front but our bench looks really strong.
Hope Atkinson can control things at 10 and we show the spirit of the Tigers and Toulouse  games.
Safe travels. See you there.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2022, 08:54:04 AM »
Morning folks. Bright blue, chilly and no wind.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2022, 09:11:44 AM »
Morn all from a frosty and sunny S Glos. It's one of those games today - I'd like to feel optimistic....but

Tea in hand and dog ignoring me - so a quiet start with Sunday Politics....I must be mad!

Safe travels to those going

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2022, 09:15:49 AM »
Morning everyone, I’m really confident about today, I’m expecting a win.

Sarries are good in the centre and I’m not convinced with Watson at Full back but apart from that not sure I would say sarries are better then us.

Having Thomas Young and Tom Willis missing is the thing that stops it from being a 100% for me

It will obviously be tight but if our intensity is like the tigers and Toulouse game we win, if it’s like Munster then no

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2022, 09:18:11 AM »
Morning all. Be great to see Launchbury back plus a couple of others. Think we might sneak it.

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2022, 09:25:25 AM »
Morning NWW, Westy, WW, Heathen, Hookender, Neils, Ross, Shuggs, Mike, Steve and all Waspies from a beautifully sunny Guildford. Coffee, home made veggie breakfast and rugby paper sans six nations pull out, which I will read later, completed. Now looking forward to a sunny walk in the Surrey hills before throwing the casserole into the slow cooker prior to -hopefully- watching our lads take on Saracens.

In sport part of our passion comes not only from loving our team, but also having a dislike of the team we are about to face. It can ramp up emotions and make things a little more sweet when we win, yet more painful when we lose. This dislike is not extended to the players of the club -although over the years some make that thought harder than it should be- and certainly not to the wonderful fans who love their club just as much as we do ours. Indeed I would leave the game tomorrow if we started behaving like football fans, because sharing time and company with fellow rugby supporters from all clubs is one of the best things about the game. And on playing the game after going hell for leather against each other, clapping each other off, congratulating or commiserating and then sharing food and a few beers together means the world and teaches us about respect and fair play.

And it is to the last sentence above as to why when we play Saracens we are battling a club that forgot those two values over many years in a desire to win at all costs. We still await a public apology to the wider game from them, and some trying to downplay the cheating as simply ‘reckless’ whilst failing to recognise its definition in law as;

‘the state of mind where a person deliberately and unjustifiably pursues a course of action while consciously disregarding any risks flowing from such action’.

By tilting the tables unfairly in their direction they ignored the true values of our game, and gained an unfair advantage over other teams to ensure silverware. It damaged our game, it was damaging to other teams and until they show true contrition then forgiveness cannot be earned.

They are a team however who deserve respect on how well they are doing this season. They are playing well, and deserve their position on the table. With international call ups they are not fully loaded, but will still be a formidable opponent today that we will need to be at our best to overcome. Thankfully having Joe and Malakai back is a boon, but they will need time to get match fitness into their legs. Yet I still feel after watching our game against Munster last week we are targeting the league, not only against Sarries today and Exeter next week, but throughout the six nations, to move up the table and into champions cup rugby.

This game should be banjo tight, and one to savour, and like when us English play Scotland for the Calcutta cup, getting one over the auld enemy or a team that has wronged is still a high or low that we would not do without.

Come on you Wasps!

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp.

Rugby by birth. Wasps by the grace of God.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 09:29:13 AM by Wombles »

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2022, 09:37:34 AM »
Good morning, and a lovely one it is too.
I am pretty positive about the game today.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2022, 09:46:30 AM »
Morning all, lovely morning it is as well here in Coventry, actually contemplating walking the 3.5 miles to the stadium later.
Hoping for a good showing from the returning players, whilst it’s good to get them back, they haven’t played for a while so will probably need to get upto speed, just hope we can get a score 1st as opposed to the current Wasps way of giving or opponents a head start in the 1st few minutes.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2022, 09:57:45 AM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours.

I love mornings like these. Glorious sky, relaxing walk and coffee, anticipation of the game ahead. A win today starts to put us in the mix again, I cannot wait

Here's to a great game between some great players. Come on You Wasps!

Safe travels,
Notso

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2022, 10:02:13 AM »
Morning all, its a glorious one here too. Though as we currently have a house full of covid I'm not sure how much of the game I'm gonna get to follow.

As long as we put in a good showing I'll be happy. But after beating ST and Tigers we can certainly beat the Cheats.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here