Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Joe half-time substitution explained as Rodrigo Martinez suffers 'bad' injury  (Read 1274 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Hell that’s bad news, the injuries just keep coming

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Gutted for Martinez, not just the injury, but he was potentially playing himself into a career changing move, if not to Wasps, other top European teams would have taken note.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
We knew it was bad he just was poleaxed and fell flat on his face and didn't move. Great shame as he was bossing that position.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 09:22:00 AM by Neils »
Let me tell you something cucumber

will311293

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
If Martinez is on a cheap salary... i wouldn't be against keeping him about. I doubt we have a large expenditure at loosehead so i'd be cool if we can keep him.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
If it was an Achilles, it popped not under a lot of pressure, as he was just warming up. It may not be as badly damaged as it would have been in a game. There is a chance it was already weakened before he came on. I think he was limping on that side (his left?) at the end of the last game.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
If it was an Achilles, it popped not under a lot of pressure, as he was just warming up. It may not be as badly damaged as it would have been in a game. There is a chance it was already weakened before he came on. I think he was limping on that side (his left?) at the end of the last game.

I hope you are right Nelly. I don't know his contract status but if he gets hurt on Wasps' duty, then we've got to support him 100%.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
If Martinez is on a cheap salary... i wouldn't be against keeping him about. I doubt we have a large expenditure at loosehead so i'd be cool if we can keep him.

I don’t think any props come cheap.

will311293

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

I don’t think any props come cheap.

As a prop myself, we are very expesnive in upkeep ;)

I mean more taht hopefully it isn't too bad. He was in a boot for the celebration.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

According to the annual esportif "average salaries by position" update, loose head props come considerably cheaper than tight head props.

Admittedly, I haven't seen an update from esportif in the last 12 months, but typically they have THPs in the top 3 or 4 highest paid positions, whereas LHP is typically in the bottom half of positions