Always a Wasp

Author Topic: England squad  (Read 3092 times)

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: England squad
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2022, 11:38:53 PM »
Daly is not an issue at 13, he is an issue full stop. He had 4 great years for us, but in his last for us he was poor to the point of droppable and since then he has been a terrible full back and not very good winger for England whilst struggling to impact a Sarries team that ill suits his talents. His best days have been behind him, but he gets a pass because he can kick from distance, something very few can offer. He covers everywhere almost thanks to Eddie, meaning he will always be in with a shout.

hopwood

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2022, 11:52:14 PM »
Daly is not an issue at 13, he is an issue full stop. He had 4 great years for us, but in his last for us he was poor to the point of droppable and since then he has been a terrible full back and not very good winger for England whilst struggling to impact a Sarries team that ill suits his talents. His best days have been behind him, but he gets a pass because he can kick from distance, something very few can offer. He covers everywhere almost thanks to Eddie, meaning he will always be in with a shout.

I’m going to withhold judgment until the final whistle tomorrow afternoon.
I still think he’s a useful player if he’s confident and giving 100%.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2022, 01:38:53 PM »
No disagreement there- he is a useful player- if he can find some form. I am just not sure an international under dodgy conditions is a place to do it.  He is a worry for me, it is a gamble that has a high ceiling but also a low floor, but I do accept the high ceiling- it could be what England want.