Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Alfie's call and Wasps injury updates after Exeter Chiefs victory  (Read 945 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Malakai Fekitoa, Brad Shields and Joe Launchbury all went off hurt in Gallagher Premiership win at Sandy Park

Report from Bobby Bridge.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/alfie-barbearys-call-wasps-injury-23001699
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Alfie's call and Wasps injury updates after Exeter Chiefs victory
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2022, 10:07:49 AM »
Thanks for posting Rossm.

I love Alfie’s attitude and it must have been difficult for him emotionally and yes he didn’t have a great game compared to his extremely high standards but definitely paid a major part in the last 10 minutes for us to win it.

Quality player that I hope to see play many more important parts for wasps

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2022, 10:09:34 AM »
Doesn’t sound like anything serious. Couple of nuggets of good news. Harris is fit again - that’s crucial as West and Hislop are not fully fit I don’t think. Mills is available again - gives us the chance to rest Gopperth.

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2022, 10:06:50 AM »
Hislop was immense when he came on, I think he's probably over whatever the more recent niggle was.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2022, 10:26:57 AM »
I love Alfie’s attitude and it must have been difficult for him emotionally and yes he didn’t have a great game compared to his extremely high standards but definitely paid a major part in the last 10 minutes for us to win it.

Yes, he did look a bit off his game initially. Perhaps taking time to get over mental Eddie's physical and emotional attentions? ;)
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2022, 12:45:27 PM »

Yes, he did look a bit off his game initially. Perhaps taking time to get over mental Eddie's physical and emotional attentions? ;)

I think we need to give the Exeter players credit for Alfie not having the impact he has had in previous games, they knew he couldn't run without his legs so they tackled him at knee height at every opportunity.