Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Malakai injury setback for Wasps but Brad Shields boost ahead of Bath clash.  (Read 2118 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Well, that settles the question of Fekitoa or Spink for the Bath game.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Bad news on Olly Hartley though.
Don't like the sound of "potentially like he might be out for quite a while with a foot injury"

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Don't like the sound of "potentially like he might be out for quite a while with a foot injury"

Yes, Ryan Mills was out for 'quite a while' with a foot injury :'(
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Wouldn't be Wasps if we didn't have more upsets. Couple this with the Eddie call ups and we start to look a bit sparse again.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Feel sorry for Fekitoa but it sort of sums up his time with us. Two or three games in followed by 5 or 6 out. Spink for Fekitoa. Gaskell in for Launchbury with Cardall to bench. 6 - Fifita. 7 - Carr 8 - Shields.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile

Would make more sense of trying to recruit a centre now. Olly might be out for quite a long time.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Feel sorry for Fekitoa but it sort of sums up his time with us. Two or three games in followed by 5 or 6 out. Spink for Fekitoa. Gaskell in for Launchbury with Cardall to bench. 6 - Fifita. 7 - Carr 8 - Shields.

Happy for Spinks to play 13, but I think the back row will be Fifita 6, Shields 7 and Carr 8

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Quite possibly. With Brad’s knock it might even be Oghre 7 with Van Vuuren covering hooker. Morris also a possible 7.

hopwood

With the way we are playing at the moment, I actually think Spink is a better fit for our side than Fekitoa.

Last week Fekitoa was so focused on hits and bashing his opposite number, I feel he quite often lacks the guile to look up and see where the space is. And then choose the right pass at the right time.
he lacks that rugby brain we're all after.
I actually think Spink has a better rugby brain, despite his inexperience.

Happy to have them both in the squad. Even more happy to have Spink start.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Quite possibly. With Brad’s knock it might even be Oghre 7 with Van Vuuren covering hooker. Morris also a possible 7.
Morris is starting to become Mr Dependable. Nothing flashy, just goes about his business in a professional way and always seems to be around when something good happens and rarely when something bad happens. I'm never sorry to see his name on the team sheet, other than it probably means we're missing a star. He might even be that start one day.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morris is starting to become Mr Dependable. Nothing flashy, just goes about his business in a professional way and always seems to be around when something good happens and rarely when something bad happens. I'm never sorry to see his name on the team sheet, other than it probably means we're missing a star. He might even be that start one day.

Have said this for the last few years. When fit and available he flies under the radar and does his job.

Heathen

• View Profile

Lee seems quite bullish about Brad playing against Bath.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
No mention of Tom W in the article.  Does that mean he's now available?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
No mention of Tom W in the article.  Does that mean he's now available?

Supposed to be end of Feb