Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Good morning all.  (Read 1088 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Good morning all.
« on: February 12, 2022, 07:36:44 AM »
Really looking forward to 3.00pm. After Irish beat Bris last night and Tiggs left Saints without anything, we've dropped a place in the table, but a good win today will see us up to fifth. We're at home and have massive momentum and confidence. Hoping for a five pointer. Lee starting with many who played so well at the end of last week's amazing win, so we. have a bench with a point to prove. Allez, allez,allez. Ani,ani,ani (and no injuries).😄😄😄
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Good morning all.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 07:44:55 AM »
Morning Ross & all

I had forgotten this! Hope I can find the CBSA later.

Beautiful bright and still morning here but looking at the forecast for Coventry and the road back fills me with a bit of concern. At least the journey up should be ok.

Slippery one this. Bath have got everything to fight for and with their Welsh talsiman back plus a seemingly firing Hughes we need to aware. However we should be full of confidence but not brimming so still able to get this one - especially with our bench.

Congrats to Ben Morris today.

Safe journeys all who make their way to the CBSA.

COYW
Let me tell you something cucumber

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 07:58:39 AM »
Bonjour from a very frosty NW France. Kin cold here this morning.

A good challenge for the lads today. Bath, on paper, have a good side out. Our bench could well be the deciding factor.

Safe travels to all those going and wear something warm!

#COYW

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2022, 08:01:38 AM »
Morning folks. A lightly overcast start to the day here and a bit chilly. Forecast for showers at the CBSA this afternoon.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2022, 08:02:30 AM »
Morning all, strange one today.

Whilst all the signs are in our favour , we have seen what we ourselves can do when the chips are down ,and to me Bath are just a harmless cat who might just turn after being kicked once too often. Let’s hope our prod doesn’t wake them up.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2022, 08:15:17 AM »
Morning everyone,

I’m nowhere near as confident as I was last week, Bath look pretty good on paper and I think are desperate to prove a point.

We must start well with high intensity, then I hope we will grind them down.

Very nervous about this one

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2022, 08:35:10 AM »
Morning all,
Taking my brother in law and his Japanese girlfriend today who hasnt seen rugby before, already had to explain how a match can be between insects and a piece of bathroom furniture, not sure the ruck caterpillar and scrum penalties are going to be much easier!!

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2022, 08:42:29 AM »
Morning Ross, Neils, NWW, Hookender, Westy, Chunks and all Wasps from a pleasent Guildford. First filter coffee -there is never a time for instant coffee- being enjoyed, rugby reports being read, dog walking in the Surrey hills awaits, before a quick dash to the local brewery for some hogs back ale to enjoy whilst watching our lads take on Bath at the CBS.

As an aside I really enjoyed the Italy v England U20’s last night. Yes I think there was more than a touch of arrogance and ignorance from our young lads in their approach, spurning points thinking tries were coming. But I do not want to take anything away from Italy, strong, organised and more importantly fit and able to not only close a game out, but not really look like giving a try away at any stage. We need Italy to get stronger and become a real force capable of winning the six nations, and what I saw last night suggests they are heading in the right direction. Our lads will need to show humility and last night will be a lesson that if they want to succeed in this sport they all have a long way to go, lessons like that can serve all of us well.

To us today, yes, when you look at Baths lineup they do look dangerous on paper, and the beauty of this league is any team can beat the other. Of late Baths defence has improved, however they blow hot and cold, a good win at home to a depleted Quins was followed by a pounding at Saracens. Despite their names and paper teams this season they have been frail when it comes to the 80 minutes on the field. We ourselves used our get out of jail free card last week against Exeter, another performance lacking accuracy and physicality like that today and Bath will win. However in those last few minutes the desire of the team to turn a 11 point deficit into victory says a huge amount about the character of this team. With injured players returning this is a game to prove our trajectory is upwards. However, just like the U20s last night, if we approach this team thinking 4+ tries and a 5 pointer we stand a good chance to be turned over. Today is about focusing fully on a win, do that, go full bore, respect Baths potential and ability and the result + bonus points will take care of themselves.

Here’s to another rugby packed weekend! And hopefully another Wasp joins our family in Chunks brother-in-laws girlfriend! Just remind her that the rules of our game can be taught, but today’s lesson for her is.........

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp!  ;D

Chris

Rugby by birth, Wasps by the grace of God.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 08:44:30 AM by Wombles »

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2022, 08:43:17 AM »
Good morning  everyone, and here's to a more or less rain-free CBSA this afternoon.  I'm not going to underestimate Bath  as I think any rain this pm will be the deciding factor and will  influence the result.  But I am still hoping for a W, and a bonus would be nice, but maybe greedy.  This team can do the biz tho' and  they all look good. Nathan doesn't seem to do well against us so - keep up the tradition NH, and Simmo too. Lots of extra clothing will be worn today as it feels blooming cold out there .......  so glad I don't have to take a dog out.  Safe journeys to everyone - and Allez Allez Allez .  C O Y W .       

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2022, 09:09:25 AM »
Morning all from a grey and windy S Glos.

I'm nervous about this one - and I need a win to make sure our Bath supporting neighbour isn't (literally) running up the flags.....

A decent mix of game management and a bit of flair when required ought to do the business. I'd guess the week has included quite a lot of defence drills.....after last week's "moments" and if we defend even at an "ordinary" level - we ought to have too much for a Bath side that has to click sooner or later. Pref later....

COYW

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2022, 10:08:14 AM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours. I am with you on the coffee Wombles, just about to run some coffee beans through my Aergrind hand grinder and V60 filter using skills developed out of necessity during lockdown. My family think I am bonkers!

I am loving watching Wasps at the minute. The way Lee and the team bring players through and reward good performance just feels like the right way to do it. In addition to home grown talent, time and again unlocking overlooked talent elsewhere.

Here's to a great game between two great teams. Come on you Wasps!

Safe travels,
Notso

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2022, 10:24:55 AM »
Morning all.
I can see why people are nervous, when it is going well we look for banana skins. When going badly we look for chinks of light at the end of the tunnel.
We have not *expected* to win for a while. We have expected a good performance, hoped to sneak something,  figured we have a good shot, but now our form dictates that we will be favourites in some matched if our injury and absentee list remains as it is.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2022, 02:11:38 PM »
Another proper coffee person here. Weighing out beans and grinding them by hand has become part of my ritual. Though the batteries died in my scales this morning while pouring into the V60 and I had to guess. That felt weirdly stressful.

This feels like we should walk it, but depending on which Wasps team shows up it could be a massive banana skin.

Time will tell
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2022, 05:50:25 PM »

Here’s to another rugby packed weekend! And hopefully another Wasp joins our family in Chunks brother-in-laws girlfriend! Just remind her that the rules of our game can be taught, but today’s lesson for her is.........

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp!  ;D

Chris

Rugby by birth, Wasps by the grace of God.

Asked her afterwards what she thought of the game, she said "WE won!" so job done I think!