Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Bobby's ratings  (Read 794 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Bobby's ratings
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 08:04:53 PM »
About a point higher than I was expecting. Either Bobby was guilty of recency bias and was swayed by the last 15 mins or having a better view of the match than those of us watching the Stan Sport feed and it wasn't as bad as I thought.

As Bobby is no mug and does tell it like he sees it, I'll go with the latter and revise my opinions.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 08:14:42 PM »
Better view I would suggest.  He sits with binoculars and uses them as need be. Also live you can see player movements easily rather than the rectangle of the TV. Bobby sits just behind us and nobody can doubt his professionalism in watching the matches - total concentration.
Let me tell you something cucumber

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2022, 08:18:48 PM »
About a point higher than I was expecting. Either Bobby was guilty of recency bias and was swayed by the last 15 mins or having a better view of the match than those of us watching the Stan Sport feed and it wasn't as bad as I thought.

As Bobby is no mug and does tell it like he sees it, I'll go with the latter and revise my opinions.

What we don't get to see, that Bobby can (and is good at) is all the off the ball moves that the TV doesn't show, and the weather conditions. It sounds like the wind in the bowl was bad affecting not only kicks (those missed touches and Jimmy's place kicks), but even passes. Traditionally, mid to late February is where the weather is at its worst for rugby. Wasps tend to play well once we have gotten in to March, with the warmer and milder weather. If we can be in the top 4 by the end of this month, a tough ask, we should be well placed.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2022, 08:24:25 PM »
It was very cold and Extremely Windy and blowing in gusts.  No rain, but not good.   New and  efficient Announcer  praise the lord.

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2022, 08:26:31 PM »
I dunno, still think some of these are high. Charlie made a fair few errors, which means a 9 seems a bit excessive. Similarly Jimmy and Dobby made some poor decisions that are not reflected in the weighting when it comes to scoring.

But I'd rather be having a discussion about whether the scores are too high after a win every week!

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2022, 09:22:05 PM »
I thought he was kind to Rob Miller.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2022, 10:03:15 PM »
I think there are some elevated scores in that lot. With 12 minutes left we could easily have lost. My motm was Stooke with everyone else lurking in the 6-7 category. But it matters not - we’ll take the 5!